IMG code vulnerability

Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here.
Forum rules
Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here. Feature requests are closed.
Wert

Re: IMG code vulnerability

Post by Wert »

EliteLamer wrote: - Would they have found it?
You seem to assume "no" and I find that rude and not based in fact.
- Are you not greatful for people like Weirdo who draw your attnetion to security issues, even if it is alpha, that doesn't mean its a known security flaw or it'll be found before final release.
Well no. It's like criticising a book that hasn't been fully written yet. When (and if) the devs ask for that sort of information, it might be a different story. Does it matter if this very early test forum is hackable at this point? I know (for a fact) that the devs are aware of the sql inject issues and are doing what they can. But I suppose that isn't enough for someone who is a part of the "underground security scene" eh?

Try typing your username, it displays your name as a bad word. With the phrase "*beep*". That happened at the same time you made Weirdo upset, which was the same time he told you in this thread that he'd deleted his username.

Go figure that one out.
Wow, perhaps he hacked a script that's not even officially out of milestone 3 yet. Verrrrryy impresive. If so, that only confirms my feeling that he's an immature jerk.
Need good web hosting? I recommend Hostrocket.

EliteLamer

Post by EliteLamer »

Wert wrote:You seem to assume "no" and I find that rude and not based in fact.
I seem to assume no? Where did that come from? You don't know what I assume and what I don't. Are you starting to guess what I think? I was asking you a question.
Wert wrote: Well no. It's like criticising a book that hasn't been fully written yet. When (and if) the devs ask for that sort of information, it might be a different story. Does it matter if this very early test forum is hackable at this point? I know (for a fact) that the devs are aware of the sql inject issues and are doing what they can. But I suppose that isn't enough for someone who is a part of the "underground security scene" eh?
At which point in this whole thread do I mention I am part of the "underground" scene?

I mentioned people from the underground security community would happily help phpBB team find vulnerable code, before a release, to save them public embarrassment.
Wert wrote: Wow, perhaps he hacked a script that's not even officially out of milestone 3 yet. Verrrrryy impresive. If so, that only confirms my feeling that he's an immature jerk.
You judge people quickly don't you? You don't know who the guy is or what he does for a living. Until then, I suggest you withdraw such remarks about anyone on these message boards, before you get to know them properly.
Member of the security community.

SamG

Post by SamG »

Sigh ... I suppose the "if I don't like it, don't participate" rule applies here too ...
"I hate trolls!" - Willow Ufgood

EliteLamer

Post by EliteLamer »

SamG wrote:Sigh ... I suppose the "if I don't like it, don't participate" rule applies here too ...
He has called people names and provoked arguments throughout this whole thread.
I'm not going to stop using these message boards because of one guy who has decided to pick fights with everyone.

Wert

Post by Wert »

EliteLamer wrote:
At which point in this whole thread do I mention I am part of the "underground" scene?
Gee and how do you know so much about this "underground security" world if you aren't part of it?
Elite Lamer wrote:
I mentioned people from the underground security community would happily help phpBB team find vulnerable code, before a release, to save them public embarrassment.
Did the team ask for that sort of help? Have they ever asked for that sort of help? No.

You judge people quickly don't you?
His words and actions speak for themeselves.
Until then, I suggest you withdraw such remarks about anyone on these message boards, before you get to know them properly.
Nope. Not gonna happen.

Wert

Post by Wert »

EliteLamer wrote: I'm not going to stop using these message boards because of one guy who has decided to pick fights with everyone.
*sigh*

Roberdin

Post by Roberdin »

May I very very ( ;) ) humbly suggest a padlock? This thread isn't going anywhere, Wert is just going to repeat his valid arguements while EL spouts out more rubbish.

[3d Party Edit: Agree with the lock. Wert is dragging the conversation down to his level, then beating people with experience. useless. ]
Rob

EliteLamer

Post by EliteLamer »

:( :x :? :evil: :|

You upset me, i'm going away to cry now. I can't have a conversation on here without being insulted, or my opinion disrespected.
8O

Wert

Post by Wert »

:roll:

SamG

Post by SamG »

EliteLamer wrote:
SamG wrote:Sigh ... I suppose the "if I don't like it, don't participate" rule applies here too ...
He has called people names and provoked arguments throughout this whole thread.
I'm not going to stop using these message boards because of one guy who has decided to pick fights with everyone.
I'm not suggesting you should stop using these boards. As members, we make that decision for ourselves, so I was speaking for myself.
"I hate trolls!" - Willow Ufgood