A better "Who's online"

Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here.
Forum rules
Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here. Feature requests are closed.
Charlie Argueta

A better "Who's online"

Post by Charlie Argueta »

After installing, MODing, and administrating a phpBB my only complain is the "Who's Online", I don't know if you already take it in accountant, and also I'm don't have the permissions, but it would be great to see the IPs, and a better location of my users when I'm watching Who's Online from the forums instead of the ACP.

Admins always and Moderators if the admin enable the option for them.

See Ya
Charlie Argueta

psoTFX

Re: A better "Who's online"

Post by psoTFX »

You've not looked at recent code or set permissions correctly ... IP information is displayed in viewonline along with built-in whois support. We won't be adding any more information as to what users are doing than currently exists.

Charlie Argueta

Post by Charlie Argueta »

psoTFX wrote:You've not looked at recent code or set permissions correctly ... IP information is displayed in viewonline along with built-in whois support. We won't be adding any more information as to what users are doing than currently exists.
But that's only in the ACP, and the whois is very useful.

If is a recently add-on, I haven't add them.

About the current information display in viewonline.php I believe it would be useful add more things specially for small-medium forums, for the big ones I thing the information is ok, anyways, thanks for reply.

See Ya

psoTFX

Post by psoTFX »

As I've said it's [IP and whois info] been added to viewonline and we won't be adding any more detail to who is online.

modenaf1

Post by modenaf1 »

I like the new one. Also, from using the snapshot, it seems as though it is more responsive than the one in 2.0.6. The 2.0 one does not display the accurate locations all the time, lags like 5 minutes, and when you click on the location of the user it just takes you to the index.

But, with the 2.2 snapshot I have not had ANY of these troubles! Im lovin' it! Keep up the great work!
Banned

warmweer

Post by warmweer »

modenaf1 wrote:... lags like 5 minutes, and when you click on the location of the user it just takes you to the index.
The lag is hardcoded (5 minutes) and can be changed (viewonline: the sql in Get user list . hint: 300 sec = 5 min)
Similarly the location can be changed (hint: there's a $location_url somewhere which can be used)

Check out http://www.phppbb.com" target="_blank and you'll find lots of other things you can adapt to your own needs. :P
Procrastination is my hobby, but I keep on postponing it.

dennistt

Post by dennistt »

warmweer wrote:
modenaf1 wrote:... lags like 5 minutes, and when you click on the location of the user it just takes you to the index.
The lag is hardcoded (5 minutes) and can be changed (viewonline: the sql in Get user list . hint: 300 sec = 5 min)
Similarly the location can be changed (hint: there's a $location_url somewhere which can be used)

Check out http://www.phppbb.com" target="_blank and you'll find lots of other things you can adapt to your own needs. :P
you mean http://www.phpbb.com" target="_blank? :)
My Website: DennisTT.Net
My Forums: DennisTT.Net Forums
Proudly powered by phpBB2

warmweer

Post by warmweer »

dennistt wrote:you mean http://www.phpbb.com" target="_blank? :)
:oops: Yes, that's right, you see I have an eternal typing error problem . Most spellcheckers crash on my typing (as do my mods until they reach RC 154.f :lol: )
Procrastination is my hobby, but I keep on postponing it.

modenaf1

Post by modenaf1 »

Lol thanks. yea, I myself need a dedicated rig for the spell checker. quad opteron 848's each on watchilling and overclocked to 3.0Ghz to handle my spell chequeing kneads.
Banned

JAMMAN

Post by JAMMAN »

Ok, that works for who's online, how about on index the "registered users" that hangs for 300 seconds?
warmweer wrote: