Invisionfeatures: Most active in..., calender, birthdays

Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here.
Forum rules
Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here. Feature requests are closed.
Roel

Invisionfeatures: Most active in..., calender, birthdays

Post by Roel »

It might be a good idea to look at invisionboard and vbulletin to see what people like to use. I am a phpbb user, but i like the 'most active in' option with invisionboard very much. Other then that the adminpanel from invisionboard has much more options. Some of these things will be in 2.2, but i think the team of makers shouldnt be affraid to take ALL the good things from invisionboard and put it in PHPBB2.2

Then there is vbulletin. It gives the admin a lot of power. Not only about the content of the forum, but also about how fast the forum is for certain ip-adresses.

A friendly suggestion for the team that is working so hard on 2.2 (how far are they? Cause i havent heard from them for a while): Dont be affraid for a perfect forum. If it takes a little longer; people will understand. But you can better bring a GREAT forum, then just a forum that isnt anything special. I believe in you guys, and am looking forward to the new features.

Please let us know how far you are...

Not Radio

Re: Invisionfeatures: Most active in..., calender, birthdays

Post by Not Radio »

Why would you want to throttle the forum's speed? Elaborate on that.

Tsuzuki

Post by Tsuzuki »

To annoy your user base, perhaps?

psoTFX

Post by psoTFX »

This is phpBB, it's not IPB, it's not vB. If you want all the features offered in IPB, use it. If you want all the features offered in vB, use it. We cater for the "phpBB" userbase, we add features as most frequently requested by them. We do not add everything X board has just because "we can". All that gives you is vB3 ;)

Roel

Post by Roel »

But i dont understand this remark. I AM a user of phpbb (have been since the early versions) and i AM requesting these things.

Trek

Post by Trek »

I believe that psoTFX has said numerous times before, they will cater to what the MAJORITY ask for, not just a single individual. (If I remember correctly, this was all discussed in the topic(s) dealing with QuickReply.)
Miguel
http://community.34sp.com" target="_blank
http://www.miguel.me.uk" target="_blank | http://www.sfcommand.co.uk" target="_blank | http://www.ssdg.org.uk" target="_blank
Hardware: The parts of a computer system that can be kicked

Roel

Post by Roel »

But how can i ever get a majority if one of the admins reacts like this?
"If you want other stuff, use Inivision." Why cant i get a serious reaction?

psoTFX

Post by psoTFX »

One user does not a userbase make ... besides, we will not simply "add everything". It's our "job" to weigh up the options, look at how popular equivalent Mods are, etc. and introduce those features which really "add" to phpBB in a way that benefits a majority of our users.

Just because "you" want something doesn't mean everyone does ... so why should we spend our time introducing that feature when we could be doing something beneficial to all? All that'd happen is the release would get pushed back further and further and the board would become more and more bloated.

Roel

Post by Roel »

What did i do to you? Why cant you react to me in a normal way?
I am only SUGGESTING things. Not pushing them up; or claiming to be demanding. I just SUGGEST. And how can other people show they want sth if you react like this to ideas? If i would come to a forum where the admins talk like this to visitors, i wouldnt give any idea. This surelly was the last idea i gave.

psoTFX

Post by psoTFX »

huh? You posted, I replied, you posted again, I replied ... it's called a discussion. If you mean why didn't I immediately accept your argument ... well that's just not the way we, or indeed any half well run project works.

If you have specific suggestions feel free to add them to our request tracker. If you just want some "uber-forum" which is some massive, bloated combination of IPB and vB full of features a few admins utilise once a year you'll be waiting a long time ... at least as far as phpBB goes.