Attachement clip

Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here.
Forum rules
Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here. Feature requests are closed.
Auz

Attachement clip

Post by Auz »

That little clip that lets you know there is an attachement in the thread is really annoying. As you would have saw for this thread it was shown. I think it is really ugly, we don't need to know there is an attachement in here. IPB doesn't use it, idealBB doesn't use it why should phpBB. Its ugly and annoying please please don't put it in :|
Attachments
balloons.jpg
balloons.jpg (30.13 KiB) Viewed 4682 times

benchayeel

Re: Attachement clip

Post by benchayeel »

And guess what, you are really iritating too. If you dont like it you can always change it or remove it from your site. Most of uss think it should be there. And ohh yeah if those other boards are so great go use them.

Auz

Post by Auz »

Wellll excuuuuuuusee me! Sorry for giving ideas :evil:
Most of uss think it should be there
Since when were you everyone!

psoTFX

Post by psoTFX »

Since when were you everyone? It's "usual behaviour" to show that a topic has an attachment. You say IPB doesn't do it, rubbish, it does ... at least the forum I visit regularly which uses IPB does. If you don't like it a quick edit of the template will remove it.

Roberdin

Post by Roberdin »

I don't like it much so I'll just take about three seconds removing it. No probs.
Rob

haravikk

Post by haravikk »

IMO the image could be a little more elegant, it's little contrasting and obtrusive at the moment but I don't think it's so useless and the image can easily be changed closer to release, or by any board host in a few seconds. There'll probably even be downloadable ones or imagesets that change it quickly.
Images in sigs! please.

Callisto

Post by Callisto »

How about adding an option to choose whether to display it or not?

Trek

Post by Trek »

I know vBulletin has an icon (and I'm sure IPB does as well).
Personally, I like the idea that way I can see if there's an attachment without having to go into the thread :)
Miguel
http://community.34sp.com" target="_blank
http://www.miguel.me.uk" target="_blank | http://www.sfcommand.co.uk" target="_blank | http://www.ssdg.org.uk" target="_blank
Hardware: The parts of a computer system that can be kicked

psoTFX

Post by psoTFX »

Callisto wrote:How about adding an option to choose whether to display it or not?
So both people can use it? :D I tend to think it's an option for options sake to be honest.

TheMole

Post by TheMole »

It would take about 10 seconds to upload a different picture, maybe a better designed clip.. or whatever. The one that came with Attatch MOD for 2.0.x was nice. :)

Personally, I think it's nice to know there is an attatchment within a post, you may not like an icon. It is really simple to edit the template to remove the code that displays the icon ;)
"It's a fiction like all history, it's been distorted until it makes sense" - Andy Yorke