Calendar ?

Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here.
Forum rules
Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here. Feature requests are closed.
haravikk

Re: Calendar ?

Post by haravikk »

Everybody's preferences panel got messed up, probably to adjust/tweak a certain section of it. As a result everything became set to "no" so avatars, signatures and such were turned off to anyone who did not go into their User CP and change the settings back. psoTFX or whoever probably just switched the settings or whatever back.

At least that's what happened to me, mb I'm just unique :)
Images in sigs! please.

Arty
Former Team Member

Post by Arty »

hmm... calendar... can anyone explain me what that mod does?

i've seen it a lot on different forums, but i still don't understand what is it for. looks completely useless to me

Techie-Micheal

Post by Techie-Micheal »

CyberAlien wrote:hmm... calendar... can anyone explain me what that mod does?

i've seen it a lot on different forums, but i still don't understand what is it for. looks completely useless to me
No offense to websnail, et al, but *points to his nose*

killshot

Post by killshot »

CyberAlien wrote:hmm... calendar... can anyone explain me what that mod does?

I personlly use a calendar mod to show people what is scheduled to go up on my site each day of the month... Of course this could be done without phpbb.. its just handy to have it a part of it

Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

On a communauty forum, a calendar is really a great tool, allowing people to schedule and discuss about those schedulings. This is particulary true in gaming world.

For a more "technical" use, a calendar can be use to schedule board announcements.

In other words, there are a lot of applications to topics dated, including basic functions of a forum. If you'd run a good integrated calendar, you wouldn't find it useless for a board, as a board does an heavy use of dated informations, as main sort :).

psoTFX

Post by psoTFX »

And I'm sure whoever updates their calendar mod for 2.2 will be showered with praise ... because 2.2 by default will not contain a calendar.

Roberdin

Post by Roberdin »

Won't the events system be a sort of calendar? Or is it not time based events?
Rob

haravikk

Post by haravikk »

If someone can show me a use for a callendar on a forum other than to say "I r00l I've got a callendar mod" then I might consider having a stance on this =/

Roberdin

Post by Roberdin »

Useful for Birthday interaction, showing important events (eg: TV Episodes related to the Board...)
Rob

chAos

Post by chAos »

The events system will be for scheduling regular forum backups or the like (AFAIK). Nothing as advanced as a calender system.