Who's online

Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here.
Forum rules
Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here. Feature requests are closed.
Ghent

Who's online

Post by Ghent »

Is that "Who is online" going to be on EVERY page, even in the final release? I don't like it! More index-like to me :wink:

I think you guys (and girls, if any) is doing a GREAT job. I hope it will be released soon :G
/Ghent
electronerd

Re: Who's online

Post by electronerd »

If it can't be removed via the ACP, it can definately be removed via the templates
benchayeel

Post by benchayeel »

Plus its kinda cool to see who is in each forum not just the overall board. I like it. But hey thats just my opinion
Ghent

Post by Ghent »

That's on top on every forum ;)

EDIT: Or could be at least :p

Can't you make it like vB "Users currently browsing this forum: xxx, yyy and zzz" :?:
/Ghent
dhn

Post by dhn »

Ghent wrote:Can't you make it like vB "Users currently browsing this forum: xxx, yyy and zzz" :?:
Huh?
psoTFX

Post by psoTFX »

a) This is not necessarily the final style that will ship with 2.2
b) The location of "who's online" is unlikely to change either the index or any other page
c) There is nothing stopping you from moving elements around ... that is after all the beauty of templating
d) We cannot please all the people and thus we typically don't try ... we try to please a majority of the people and give the rest the ability to do things as they like (see c)
[cR@zY]Null

Post by [cR@zY]Null »

dhn wrote:
Ghent wrote:Can't you make it like vB "Users currently browsing this forum: xxx, yyy and zzz" :?:
Huh?
He means on the index page (example):

New features discussion (4 Viewing)
(this forum) (nr of viewers)

It IS very handy!!!!!
dhn

Post by dhn »

Ah, thanks, got it. But I don't see the point. Session activity is not very accurate anyway and how much visitors a forum gets can be either seen by the number of posts or topic views. I rather have a fast loading index than getting bombarded by (in my eyes) useless statistics.
psoTFX

Post by psoTFX »

Actually in 2.2 sessions are updated either every minute or when the page changes. As opposed to 2.0 where it was only once a minute.
[cR@zY]Null

Post by [cR@zY]Null »

Put the online offline also in the memberlist and/or grouplist?