Feature Requests When PhpBB's Tracker on SourceForge is Down

Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here.
Forum rules
Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here. Feature requests are closed.
Bit_Jockey

Feature Requests When PhpBB's Tracker on SourceForge is Down

Post by Bit_Jockey »

I went there to make a feature request for the phpBB 2.2 installer, as this forum's description says to do for feature requests. But I always get a error message.

Where do we make feature requests when the venue for making them is broken?

This is not a frivilous feature request, it's related to this discussion I just had: http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=120725. Especially relevant are the 19th through 22nd posts (currentlly the latest posts of the discussion).

Lugie

Re: Feature Requests When PhpBB's Tracker on SourceForge is

Post by Lugie »

It is closed for now because other board software seemed to have been taking many of the ideas posted there, or users were requesting those same features to other board software developers.

IIRC, it will open back up in good time, feature requests can be posted then.
I can't see the meaning of this life I'm leading,
I try forget you as you forgot me...
This time there is nothing left for you to take -
this is goodbye...

psoTFX

Post by psoTFX »

Your concern is not I think relevant ... the order of fields (columns) in tables is only relevant when you grab data into a numerically indexed array. When you grab the data into an associative array (as we do) the order is of no importance.

The upgrade script won't much care where your columns are in a table ... so don't worry too much about that.

Bit_Jockey

Post by Bit_Jockey »

OK! That's good news! Thanks for clearing that up!

Hypnos

Post by Hypnos »

Most of my ideas are more actual features - additional options and the like that can be added to the board, although I know some of the ideas have been made known before and taken by people making mods to the forum software. That being said I don't think it should necessarily discourage the programmers here. An admin page to activate and deactivate various "extra" features would seem to be a fantastic idea, that I know has been mentioned before.

I am assuming that, with the sourceforge tracker down, there is no way for me to legitimately submit any ideas?

Guess I'll keep my mouth shut!
Entrancingly,

Hypnos.

electronerd

Post by electronerd »

Hypnos wrote:I am assuming that, with the sourceforge tracker down, there is no way for me to legitimately submit any ideas?
Correct.

dhn

Post by dhn »