PM's and permissions

Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here.
Forum rules
Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here. Feature requests are closed.
warmweer

PM's and permissions

Post by warmweer »

I haven't been able to find anything in the user control panel, neither in the various progress reports so I might as well ask the question. Whether it's considered a feature request or not is unimportant.

On my board (2.0.4) I added a field "accept_pm" with which a user can indicate whether he wants to accept PMs or not. So users who specify they don't want to receive any PMs will not have the PM-icon shown (and there is a check on the receiverstatus should any clever guys decide to try and use the posting and mode and usernr).

The feature seems to be appreciated and I was wondering if something like this will be a standard feature in 2.2
Procrastination is my hobby, but I keep on postponing it.
warmweer

Re: PM's and permissions

Post by warmweer »

warmweer wrote:The feature seems to be appreciated and I was wondering if something like this will be a standard feature in 2.2
My first *bump* ever. (I think 6 hours have passed ;) )
dhn

Post by dhn »

No work done yet on the PM system. But IIRC this is planned.
warmweer

Post by warmweer »

dhn wrote:No work done yet on the PM system. But IIRC this is planned.
thx,

I was just going to try a post a last feature request (I have looked around and seen nothing similar) but something stopped me and made me have a look here again. Good thing I did, 'cause I read your reply as though this feature will probably be included (IYRC).

So, please

Code: Select all

if ($confirm_feature_planned)
{ 
   //end action by warmweer
}
else
{
   if ($low_probability_request_feature_acceptance)
   {
      //end action by warmweer and make him go away
      $warmweer_get_lost = TRUE;
   }
   else
   {
       //tell warmweer to go post the request and make him go away
       $warmweer_posts_feature_request = TRUE;
   }
}
BTW above code hasn't even reached prehistoric milestone yet. Feel free to debug if necessary ;)