Custom Ranks

Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here.
Forum rules
Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here. Feature requests are closed.
Yoshi 15

Custom Ranks

Post by Yoshi 15 »

Ok, are Custom Ranks going to be installed by default in phpbb 2.2, so you dont have to use a mod for them?

electronerd

Re: Custom Ranks

Post by electronerd »

I'm not understand what you mean. Custom ranks are available in 2.0.x. Why wouldn't they be in 2.2?

smiley

Post by smiley »

electronerd wrote:I'm not understand what you mean. Custom ranks are available in 2.0.x. Why wouldn't they be in 2.2?
Erm, yeah.

Aexoden

Post by Aexoden »

I'd assume he refers to user-customizable ranks, where the user is able to directly set a rank/title in his or her profile. I can't really answer this, as I have no idea. And we may not find out until later on. If they're not, I'll look at continuing my MOD, but there are of course no guarantees.

Bertg

Post by Bertg »

i think they will AND will not be added...
Default they won't be available...

but the admin definable user fields will take care of that no?
yust make your own custom ranks there and it is done :)
no more mods.

-bert-
Portfolio | Proud to be phpBB user

Yoshi 15

Post by Yoshi 15 »

Yes, I mean user-customable titles.

So, instead of having to spend like 30 min to install a mod for them, they could be installed already. And have them like the Custom Title MOD already out.

Bertg

Post by Bertg »

admin definable user fields...

the admin defines a field for it's user to fill in...

case closed...

-bert-
Portfolio | Proud to be phpBB user

Aexoden

Post by Aexoden »

Admin-definable profile fields are inadequate for how most admins I know intend to use custom titles. First and foremost, as far as I'm aware, admin-definable profile fields will not be available to viewtopic. Second, I'm not sure if there'll be a way for these profile fields to be activated after a certain number of days or posts, or if you just have them. That's an implementation detail of the fields that I won't know until they're implemented. Finally, though I generally don't use it is this way, many admins choose to replace the board defined rank (that a user gets for having so many posts) with their custom rank once they have it, which couldn't be done with a profile field without changing some code.

Roberdin

Post by Roberdin »

:roll: :roll:

This sounds like mod material to me... :wink: :P
Rob

electronerd

Post by electronerd »

Actually, based on what I have heard, such a facility as Aexoden describes might be available later.

Look around here for stuff relating to the "event system"