Karma Level

Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here.
Forum rules
Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here. Feature requests are closed.
CynicalSaint

Re: Karma Level

Post by CynicalSaint »

Hrmm, methinks if Karma were represented by numbers (e.g. +10/-12), it would be better? I mean, we all know psoTFX has super high +/good karma, but how about knowing how high he really is? Make people strive to have as little -'s as possible.
Just a thought...
- AzN
Lugie

Post by Lugie »

psoTFX wrote:As noted before, it is per post ... you are rating that post as good or bad. It in turn plays a part in the posters Karma.

D'oh. ;)

I haven't been keeping up here enough lately to be answering questions apparently...
Last edited by Lugie on Tue Jun 24, 2003 5:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
I can't see the meaning of this life I'm leading,
I try forget you as you forgot me...
This time there is nothing left for you to take -
this is goodbye...
psoTFX

Post by psoTFX »

People are obsessed with numbers ;) You are missing the point if you do obsess over the actual figure ... that is not the "point" and hence why "words" are used rather than figures.
whofarted

Post by whofarted »

Sorry if I missed it but with reguards to admins & mods how will this work?

Will mods and admins see all posts no matter what the Karma ratings?

Will everyone see their (mods/admins) post no matter the karma rating?

I know it would be a bad thing to have a mod or admin with bad karma but if something a mod or admin said in a post (even if it was misunderstood) set off a lot of users & they all voted bad & reduced that admin/mods karma then what happens? I think that could be real bad in either direction. IE:
A users karma is to low & admin does not see a post then the user could abuse the board, spam, use foul language etc.

OR

An admin could respond to someone to tell them if they don't stop something they will be banned, but if the admin/mods karma is to low then that user may not get the message. 8O
you smell something?
GrandiJoos

Post by GrandiJoos »

Simple: the Admin sets his "vieuw" karma to -5 so he can see all the posts. Or he clicks on every "here" in the "see post here" sentence so all the posts are shown.

GrandiJoos :cool:
What will Christmas bring???
Heimidal

Post by Heimidal »

GrandiJoos wrote:Simple: the Admin sets his "vieuw" karma to -5 so he can see all the posts. Or he clicks on every "here" in the "see post here" sentence so all the posts are shown.

I don't think that's quite what he means. The problem would be if an admin had a karma level of, say, -2, and users had set up their viewing permissions to not see under 0. Then, the majority of users would not see an admin's messages, no matter their importance.
Lugie

Post by Lugie »

Yeah... though the person should probably stop moderating/administrating if the community doesn't like them, there should definately be some sort of option for exclusion of karma filters in the group CP.
I can't see the meaning of this life I'm leading,
I try forget you as you forgot me...
This time there is nothing left for you to take -
this is goodbye...
GrandiJoos

Post by GrandiJoos »

whofarted wrote:Will mods and admins see all posts no matter what the Karma ratings?

Will everyone see their (mods/admins) post no matter the karma rating?
I only relyed to the first one.
As for the second one: bad admin or people are teasing.

What will Christmas bring???
RushB

Post by RushB »

Has "Karma" made it's way into the CVS yet? I have been looking around for it, but nothing there that I can see.

Later,
RushB
electronerd

Post by electronerd »

read the rest of this topic. psoTFX stripped the karma calculation code out of the CVS because he didn't want changes in the calculation to upset early-adopters, IIRC.