Sourceforge Tracker?

Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here.
Forum rules
Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here. Feature requests are closed.
coolio
Location: Testing, Testing, Testing, Testing, Testing, Testing, Testing, Testing, Testing, Testing, Testing

Sourceforge Tracker?

Post by coolio »

Does anybody know where the Sourceforge tracker is located? I can't find it. :?

DanielJarrett

Re: Sourceforge Tracker?

Post by DanielJarrett »

It doesn't really matter, since it's closed right now (Paul got tired of other boards nicking all the features from the tracker :)).

But anyway, just for reference, here it is:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=7885" target="_blank

coolio
Location: Testing, Testing, Testing, Testing, Testing, Testing, Testing, Testing, Testing, Testing, Testing

Post by coolio »

So does that mean that we could post suggestions in this forum or somewhere
else since we can't use the tracker?

TheMole

Post by TheMole »

No - I think it's pretty much feature frozen until beta maybe.
"It's a fiction like all history, it's been distorted until it makes sense" - Andy Yorke

Adam Atlas

Post by Adam Atlas »

TheMole wrote:No - I think it's pretty much feature frozen until beta maybe.
It's definitely not feature frozen. It's just that they don't want requests, they have their own internal roadmap.
fun, sigs work!!!

Wert

Post by Wert »

Trust me, I meant feature frozen as meaning Paul is no longer taking public requests for features.

Thus to the public, it is feature frozen.
Need good web hosting? I recommend Hostrocket.

psoTFX

Post by psoTFX »

Well that's not necessarily true ... the request tracker is closed primarily because I'm a little tired of seeing other boards add "new" features which bear a remarkable similarity to those in our tracker ... while claiming "we didn't get the ideas here" even though they are added in a time frame which indicates otherwise.

There is a secondary issue in that only a fraction of the last few suggestions were actually "original". Most were simply duplicates in part or full of suggestions already in the tracker.

Our internal Milestone listing is quite well filled out with both user suggestions and features we intend adding ourselves. However once we're a little further on the tracker will be reopened ... whether any features submitted to it get added is a different question though.

Wert

Post by Wert »

Thanks for the clarification Paul. I had thought you had pretty much stopped taking requests to work on the ones already in the plan.

And yeah, having other developers trolling the list to get ideas for their own script is pretty low. (and sadly not surprising)
Need good web hosting? I recommend Hostrocket.

A_Jelly_Doughnut

Post by A_Jelly_Doughnut »

I can think of at least 2 systems, one commercial, that are probably lifting features. And those are the only other two I track besides phpBB. :(
A_Jelly_Doughnut

-=ET=-

Post by -=ET=- »

psoTFX wrote:Well that's not necessarily true ... the request tracker is closed primarily because I'm a little tired of seeing other boards add "new" features which bear a remarkable similarity to those in our tracker ... while claiming "we didn't get the ideas here" even though they are added in a time frame which indicates otherwise.

There is a secondary issue in that only a fraction of the last few suggestions were actually "original". Most were simply duplicates in part or full of suggestions already in the tracker.

Our internal Milestone listing is quite well filled out with both user suggestions and features we intend adding ourselves. However once we're a little further on the tracker will be reopened ... whether any features submitted to it get added is a different question though.
-------the quote doesn't work---------

OK but if we have a suggestion now, where can we verify if it's not a "simple duplicate" (I agree with you, we must verify first before posting), and if it's not, where can we post the suggestion ?

(of course I ask you that because I have one which is not already on this demo of the 2.2 release :wink: )
Last edited by -=ET=- on Wed Jun 18, 2003 9:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Eternal newbie