Quite big list of features suggestions:

Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here.
Forum rules
Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here. Feature requests are closed.
Cobra

Quite big list of features suggestions:

Post by Cobra »

Add topic description (like in IPB).
HERE you have list of my suggestions for Invision Power Board, most of them are usefull for PHPBB2.2.

Cobra

Re: Quite big list of features suggestions:

Post by Cobra »

1. Please add powerful listing:
    1. list=1
    2. list=a
    3. list=stars (with stars instead of dots)
    4. list=square,
    5. list=>
    6. list=V (symbol of "verified" and "approved")
    7. list=X (symbol of "verified" and "not approved")
    8. list=I (rome)
    9. list=-.
    10. Code: Select all

Allow BB code for listings e.g. [b][list=XXX][/b] so instead of e.g. normal 1. 2. 3. there will be bolded 1. 2. 3. or [color=green][i][list=XXX][/i][/color] all numbers, letters etc. are both green and italic. PHPBB does not have this option :)
    Compare: punctuation in M$ Word- Admin can specify default priority for these listings (for list=X list =X /list /list), user can override this. I suggest everyone - use lists!!! Sometime it makes wonders.[/list
  2. Please add default Jabber support, at least like MSN one, ICQ one etc.
  3. Make option to send info to admin (e-mail/oneofnetworks/pm) if there was bad word writing attempt is on board. Good for restrictive boards.
  4. Please add more powerful poll system:Poll maker will be allowed to add these options to pool:
    1. How many options can be selected in voting
    2. You have 5 items in your poll and a user can order them from most favorite to least favorite. He would do this by giving each item in the poll a number - just like in Jabber user/admin survey. NOTE: This option does not assume, that voter must be identified.
    3. option to start poll at X time/date and/or end at Y time/date.- What is "start poll date/time" for? Some people are voting for fun, w/o thinking about choices, this option will give them time to think...Also this option will be good for "scheduled voting" e.g. voting for moderators on democratic boards ;) List of candidates can be posted e.g. 7 days earlier, at X date/time voting starts- Second is already added... to PHPBB ;) TTL of poll should be showed for users. I know, some persons could close polls, but we should add option to decide about TTL of poll for poll maker - he can be normal user and can`t stop
    4. Moderator/admin can pause voting - good when bad atmosphere on board could make very important poll false, better pause that poll. Closing and making new could cause serious votes and voter effort loss.
    5. Allow guest voting (with IP saving and option to flush this IP buffer - manually or every X day).
    6. allow not equal voting - user X has e.g. 10 votes, rest has e.g. 1. NOTE: info about this setting MUST be placed in all votes and can`t be disabled - i mean there should not be any way to switch this option on silently and false voting by some groups. If option is enabled, all users should see that.
    7. group voting:We have 3 groups: each have X votes (e.g. 1) and one admin (has here 1 vote) - in these groups we have (almost) all other usersForum collects votes from groups - e.g. majority of group 1 voted for X choice, so there will be one vote for X from this group. Something like president elections in USA - some people will need this. This option is also good to control guest votes affect on polls.
    8. Admin/moderator can stop and can delete poll
    9. Poll maker and/or Admin/moderator can give voting permissions. It is good when normal user - poll maker - want to have control over that, who should vote (e.g. only members of group X).
    10. This thing contains voting for multiple choices and having more than 1 votes:- Poll starter gives points to voters, e.g. 1000. Voter can spend his points how he likes (e.g. option 1) 100, 2) 800 3) 80 4) 20 5) 0 )- As option there should be possiblility to "negative voting" - user can spend his vote points for decreasing (e.g. option 1) 100, 2) -800 3) 80 4) 20 5) 0 )
  5. Please add horizontal line like in HTML.
[/list[/list[/list[/list[/list[/list[/list

Graham

Post by Graham »

Since no-one's said it already :)

You're going to get pointed at the Feature Request Tracker
"So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish"

Graham
Eeek, a blog!

SHS`

Post by SHS` »

This isn't the place to post feature requests, and as noted where the correct place is. However, what you've suggested either has been implimented already, or can be done with what will be implimented anyway.

Keep an eye on the current roadmap.
Jonathan “SHS`” Stanley • 史德信
phpBB™ 3.1.x, Bug/Security trackers
phpBB™ Bertie Bear 3.0 — prosilver Edition!Asking Questions The Smart Way