We are happy to announce the availability of the first release candidate of phpBB 3.0.13 aimed at experienced users in an effort to increase the quality of final releases.
Please scrutinise this release in-depth and report issues to the bug tracker. Critical bugs halting the board's operation should be reported immediately. Feel free to contact developers directly about such problems.
We recommend that international support sites update their sites to RC1 too. We are able to provide direct support to them within our international support sites forums.
Language Packs and Styles
We already gave out instructions to language pack authors to let them update their language packs in a timely manner. Style authors should review the changes on github and adjust their styles accordingly. Please post within our Styles forums if you have questions or encounter problems.
New features, changes, bug fixes
phpBB 3.0.13 is a maintenance release closing two security issues and hardening phpBB against potential attacks. Prior to this release an attacker could potentially modify a user's private message settings without their knowledge. More information on the second Internet Explorer specific attack will be published with the final release of 3.0.13. Amongst a number of bug fixes the release further improves compatbility with PHP 5.6, Apache 2.4, Internet Explorer 11, and Microsoft Azure.
The full changelog is available in the changelog file within the docs folder contained in the package which includes previous releases. You can find the key highlights of this release on the wiki at https://wiki.phpbb.com/Release_Highlights/3.0.13 and a list of all issues fixed on our tracker at http://tracker.phpbb.com/issues/?filter=12892
If you experience problems with the automatic update (white screens, timeouts, etc.) we recommend using the "changed files only" or "patch" method for updating.
- Full Package:
Full phpBB 3 source code and english language files.
- Automatic Update Package:
Update package for the automatic updater, contains changes from previous release to this release.
- Changed Files Only:
Complete files, but only those that were changed since previous releases of phpBB 3. This archive contains changed files for every previous release.
- Patch Files:
This file contains diffs against the previous phpBB 3 release, which can be applied with the patch utility.
- For new installations you should use the Full Package
- For updates of boards without modifications you can use the Automatic Update Package (guided update) or the Changed Files Only package (manual update).
- For updates of boards with modifications you should use the Automatic Update Package. If you are confident with patch files and patching you can use the Patch Files Package.
- International Support Teams may use the Patch Package to better support users with problematic conflicts during their update process or to help them update code sections.
- If you are a hoster/provider, you may want to use the Patch Files Package to update all of your client installations.
Our release archive provides all packages we build.
These are the files with their sha256 sums:
To correctly perform an update, do not forget to re-enable the PHPBB_QA constant in your includes/constants.php file. Otherwise you are not prompted for an update in the ACP and the automatic update will eventually fail.
Download & Documentation
Thank you for testing the new release,
the phpBB Team