Mod for setting dateformat according to user agent language

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Zigdra

Mod for setting dateformat according to user agent language

Post by Zigdra »

Hi everybody,

I want to develop a mod that sets the date format according to the user agent language.
Since I'm pretty new to phpbb, my question to you is if you can give me a hint which part of the code I should take a look at for this kind of feature.
Sample implementations/references to mods that are doing something similar are welcome to.

I obviously don't want you to code something for me, just some hints would be nice ;)

Greetings Carlo :)

brunoais

Re: Mod for setting dateformat according to user agent language

Post by brunoais »

This should be in the general discussion
Ups. I misread it.
For a MOD...
In order to get the headers and store the useful values, I'd look into the files that are mandatory to almost all phpBB executions. Most probably common.php.
As for the time zone... Try locating for usage of php's date() and also peek at date outputs and go back in the phpBB code up to where the time zone is read form the DB (or fallen back).

Also, phpBB 3.1 is almost out. It may be more productive to make it an extension for 3.1 than to make a MOD for 3.0.