Microsoft Open Tech provides these integrated pieces for those community members who need interoperability between PHPBB and Microsoft’s Platform.
Summary of fixes included in the package for the Windows Azure related issues
1. MSSQL Schema is not Windows Azure compatible
- Comments: Updated the MSSQL schema to adjust SQL Server /SQL Azure functionality differences. Changes are made on \install\schemas\mssql_schema.sql file.
ACP statistics failing with SQL Azure
- Comments: ACP statistics is calculating the database size with 'SELECT ((SUM(size) * 8.0) * 1024.0) as dbsize FROM sysfiles'. This will break the phpBB ACP statistics page in Windows Azure because sysfiles is not available in SQL Azure, but we can calculate the database size in SQL Azure using 'SELECT ((SUM(reserved_page_count) * 8.0) * 1024.0) as dbsize FROM sys.dm_db_partition_stats'.
1. Improved user experience with deletion of install directory by including a rminstall.php script that the user will run after completing the app install by clicking on a delete link.
2. Added the code to auto populate the database details in the installation wizard
- Webmatrix publish and download from remote server will fail if the $dbport parameter is set since this cannot be updated by the web deploy when user publishes PHPBB to a remote server (or Azure )or downloads it from a remote server ( or Azure). To avoid that we had to make phpBB to auto populate the database fields in the phpBB installation wizard.