phpBB 3.0.11 Release Candidate 1 published

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
User avatar
bantu
3.0 Release Manager
3.0 Release Manager
Posts: 557
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 11:22 am
Location: Karlsruhe, Germany
Contact:

Re: phpBB 3.0.11 Release Candidate 1 published

Post by bantu » Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:58 am

naderman wrote:I really have no intention to spend a lot of time to manually edit these. If you have an idea how to improve the automated tool, I'll happily merge your pull request for the build script.
+1

User avatar
Dragosvr92
Registered User
Posts: 624
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 12:08 pm
Location: Romania
Contact:

Re: phpBB 3.0.11 Release Candidate 1 published

Post by Dragosvr92 » Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:50 pm

@Bantu, no one said that you have to do it. I Dont care for who doesnt want to manually do it.
There must be someone that would be glad to do it.

All they/you would need to do, is manually update their own style, and see if there are stupid finds, or other errors, and fix them.
Previous user: TheKiller
Avatar on Memberlist 1.0.3

User avatar
bantu
3.0 Release Manager
3.0 Release Manager
Posts: 557
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 11:22 am
Location: Karlsruhe, Germany
Contact:

Re: phpBB 3.0.11 Release Candidate 1 published

Post by bantu » Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:01 pm

TheKiller wrote:All they/you would need to do, is manually update their own style, and see if there are stupid finds, or other errors, and fix them.
This is exactly what we do not want to do as it is a waste of time. Manually updating a style based on prosilver or subsilver2 is pointless, because you can just use the patch file and as a result will only have to resolve some conflicts instead of doing everything manually.
TheKiller wrote:@Bantu, no one said that you have to do it. I Dont care for who doesnt want to manually do it.
There must be someone that would be glad to do it.
The MOD format files and the resulting packages are completely auto-generated. So even if there was someone who would do all the work manually, the development team would have to make sure the result actually makes sense and does not sneak in any security issues or something the like. Then we would have to manually generate packages. So, overall and again a big waste of time.

You are however free to find someone who produces MOD format files manually or based on the files we produce and package and publish them wherever they want.

Also, we have the code changes section http://area51.phpbb.com/code-changes/ now which should be sufficient for most use cases.

User avatar
Dragosvr92
Registered User
Posts: 624
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 12:08 pm
Location: Romania
Contact:

Re: phpBB 3.0.11 Release Candidate 1 published

Post by Dragosvr92 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:30 am

Well, after the autopackage is done, some user could test the istructions and update their style.
They will only remove the double finds, and make sure the replacement thing is right. At least someone from the team may be willing to do so.

I did wonder, why dont you set your automatic comparaion tool to generate MODX Files, instead of just a messy text file?
Previous user: TheKiller
Avatar on Memberlist 1.0.3

User avatar
RMcGirr83
Registered User
Posts: 357
Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:51 am
Contact:

Re: phpBB 3.0.11 Release Candidate 1 published

Post by RMcGirr83 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:08 am

It would appear that the updater is not working for styles that use template inherits. EG, I use prosilver_se exclusively and when trying to run the update from 3.0.10 to 3.0.11-RC1 I am hit with this error
The file ./../styles/prosilver_se/template/bbcode.html is missing.
..and of course it's missing, the style uses template inherits. ;)
Do not hire Christian Bullock he won't finish the job and will keep your money

User avatar
tmbackoff
Registered User
Posts: 180
Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:25 am

Re: phpBB 3.0.11 Release Candidate 1 published

Post by tmbackoff » Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:17 am

TheKiller wrote:At least someone from the team may be willing to do so.
You keep saying this, but every team member that has posted here has stated that they are not willing to do this (add me to that list :P ). If you're that concerned about it, feel free to do as Nils suggested and improve the automated tool so he can merge your pull request.

User avatar
bantu
3.0 Release Manager
3.0 Release Manager
Posts: 557
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 11:22 am
Location: Karlsruhe, Germany
Contact:

Re: phpBB 3.0.11 Release Candidate 1 published

Post by bantu » Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:01 pm

TheKiller wrote:Well, after the autopackage is done, some user could test the istructions and update their style.
They will only remove the double finds, and make sure the replacement thing is right. At least someone from the team may be willing to do so.
Still the same problem: Needs manual packaging. Right now I only have to do "cd build; phing" and the packages are ready. And this is how it should be as manual packaging is error-prone.
TheKiller wrote:I did wonder, why dont you set your automatic comparaion tool to generate MODX Files, instead of just a messy text file?
Whether MOD or MODX is used as the "display format" does not matter. The generated changesets will be the same. This is due to how the changes are generated from the diff.
RMcGirr83 wrote:It would appear that the updater is not working for styles that use template inherits. EG, I use prosilver_se exclusively and when trying to run the update from 3.0.10 to 3.0.11-RC1 I am hit with this error
The file ./../styles/prosilver_se/template/bbcode.html is missing.
..and of course it's missing, the style uses template inherits. ;)
Hmm, this is weird. It should not update prosilver_se at all. Is this error during the file update step or right when you start the update?

User avatar
Meis2M
Registered User
Posts: 428
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:18 am
Contact:

Re: phpBB 3.0.11 Release Candidate 1 published

Post by Meis2M » Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:04 pm

good news thank U

User avatar
RMcGirr83
Registered User
Posts: 357
Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:51 am
Contact:

Re: phpBB 3.0.11 Release Candidate 1 published

Post by RMcGirr83 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:43 pm

bantu wrote:Hmm, this is weird. It should not update prosilver_se at all. Is this error during the file update step or right when you start the update?
Right when I first click the update link from the ACP. FYI, I do have prosilver uninstalled from the ACP.
Do not hire Christian Bullock he won't finish the job and will keep your money

User avatar
bantu
3.0 Release Manager
3.0 Release Manager
Posts: 557
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 11:22 am
Location: Karlsruhe, Germany
Contact:

Re: phpBB 3.0.11 Release Candidate 1 published

Post by bantu » Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:48 pm

RMcGirr83 wrote:
bantu wrote:Hmm, this is weird. It should not update prosilver_se at all. Is this error during the file update step or right when you start the update?
Right when I first click the update link from the ACP. FYI, I do have prosilver uninstalled from the ACP.
I guess it should also work without having prosilver installed.

Is
The file ./../styles/prosilver_se/template/bbcode.html is missing.
the full error message or is there anything else? Can you enable DEBUG and DEBUG_EXTRA to see whether there is something else?

Post Reply