phpBB 3.0.11 Release Candidate 1 published

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
RMcGirr83

Re: phpBB 3.0.11 Release Candidate 1 published

Post by RMcGirr83 »

No other error presents itself and I have some hook from someone that enables debug for founders automagically. ;)

See following

http://i.imgur.com/mLrhk.png
Do not hire Christian Bullock he won't finish the job and will keep your money

bantu
3.0 Release Manager
3.0 Release Manager

Post by bantu »

RMcGirr83 wrote:[...] and I have some hook from someone that enables debug for founders automagically. ;)
Not sure whether hooks are run in the installer environment.

RMcGirr83

Post by RMcGirr83 »

Made no difference.

Dragosvr92

Post by Dragosvr92 »

@RMcGirr83, Yes, i know that. Maybe it would be nice if there could be a new property in the style cfg file, and specify on what theme is the style based on, to do the modifications automatically, without to update our styles manually. Or to add a selection menu, that lets you select a style/theme you want to update. Or just update the main style the forums use.

@t_backoff wrote:You keep saying this, but every team member that has posted here has stated that they are not willing to do this (add me to that list :P ). If you're that concerned about it, feel free to do as Nils suggested and improve the automated tool so he can merge your pull request.
Every team member.. can you be more specific ? You are the 3rd person that refuses to do this. I dont think you 3 are the entire team.
I can put a request on the tracker, but not provide a patch that will do that.
bantu wrote:Still the same problem: Needs manual packaging. Right now I only have to do "cd build; phing" and the packages are ready. And this is how it should be as manual packaging is error-prone.
Then, lets do as i told RMcGirr83 above, to update the other styles automatically..... The manual code changes wont be required much at all if that can be done.
bantu wrote:Whether MOD or MODX is used as the "display format" does not matter. The generated changesets will be the same. This is due to how the changes are generated from the diff.
Yeah, i know, but at least the updater would be nicer to use.
Previous user: TheKiller

RMcGirr83

Post by RMcGirr83 »

@TheKiller, not really sure why you are referring to me as none of my posts were aimed at you at all.

tbackoff

Post by tbackoff »

TheKiller wrote:
@t_backoff wrote:You keep saying this, but every team member that has posted here has stated that they are not willing to do this (add me to that list :P ). If you're that concerned about it, feel free to do as Nils suggested and improve the automated tool so he can merge your pull request.
Every team member.. can you be more specific ? You are the 3rd person that refuses to do this. I dont think you 3 are the entire team.
You twisted my words a little. Please re-read what I posted carefully:
t_backoff wrote:but every team member that has posted here has stated that they are not willing to do this

Dragosvr92

Post by Dragosvr92 »

RMcGirr83: They were aimed at the topic discussion about the style update.
t_backoff : i dont think i had. There are 3 persons that said that they wont do it. We should only care for who wants to do it.
If 3 said they wont do it, there may be others that will..

Erik Frèrejean

Post by Erik Frèrejean »

TheKiller wrote:t_backoff : i dont think i had. There are 3 persons that said that they wont do it. We should only care for who wants to do it.
If 3 said they wont do it, there may be others that will..
And the rest didn't even bother to respond with saying "I don't do it" ;). In general I'm pretty sure that it is safe to assume that the fast majority (if not all) team members don't have the time to go through the trouble of fixing something that isn't actually wrong.

Though you can start with submitting a ticket about the issue, that will increase the chance that someone picks up the issue. Just discussing it in this topic will result in it not being changed soon and forgotten.
Available on .com
Support Toolkit developer

Dragosvr92

Post by Dragosvr92 »

@Erik Frèrejean: I was saying that if there are peoples that want to do it, they can.... No point for everyone from the team, coming saying i dont..
So i wouldnt care who doesnt to, but who wants to...

Thanks for the suggestion.

RMcGirr83

Post by RMcGirr83 »

bantu wrote:
RMcGirr83 wrote:It would appear that the updater is not working for styles that use template inherits. EG, I use prosilver_se exclusively and when trying to run the update from 3.0.10 to 3.0.11-RC1 I am hit with this error
The file ./../styles/prosilver_se/template/bbcode.html is missing.
..and of course it's missing, the style uses template inherits. ;)
Hmm, this is weird. It should not update prosilver_se at all. Is this error during the file update step or right when you start the update?
To perform the update I had to install prosilver and make it my default style on the forum.