How identify Full Admin privileges

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Post Reply
mocambo
Registered User
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:28 am

How identify Full Admin privileges

Post by mocambo »

How to identify users who have Full Administrator privileges ?
SamG
Registered User
Posts: 1241
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2001 6:35 pm

Re: How identify Full Admin privileges

Post by SamG »

ACP, Permissions, Permission Roles, Admin Roles, Full Admin, View assigned items
"I hate trolls!" - Willow Ufgood
mocambo
Registered User
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:28 am

Re: How identify Full Admin privileges

Post by mocambo »

OK, thanks :) ...

I mean inside PHP how to identify ?! With $user->data['user_type'] I can identify an founder but I'm looking possibility how to detect user with Full Administrator privileges ?!
User avatar
karlsemple
Registered User
Posts: 480
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2006 8:49 am
Location: Hereford
Contact:

Re: How identify Full Admin privileges

Post by karlsemple »

mocambo wrote:OK, thanks :) ...

I mean inside PHP how to identify ?! With $user->data['user_type'] I can identify an founder but I'm looking possibility how to detect user with Full Administrator privileges ?!

There is no easy way like that to check if a user has full Admin permissions as far as I am aware, it is not done by user_type any more, you can check if users have specific acp permissions $auth->acl_get('a_board') for example or if a user has any ACP permissions $auth->acl_get('a_').
mocambo
Registered User
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:28 am

Re: How identify Full Admin privileges

Post by mocambo »

karlsemple wrote:you can check if users have specific acp permissions $auth->acl_get('a_board') for example or if a user has any ACP permissions $auth->acl_get('a_').
Thanks, that seems what I'm looking for.

Also, please tell me meaning of $user->data['session_admin'] ? Is this useful for same purpose ?
User avatar
karlsemple
Registered User
Posts: 480
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2006 8:49 am
Location: Hereford
Contact:

Re: How identify Full Admin privileges

Post by karlsemple »

mocambo wrote: Also, please tell me meaning of $user->data['session_admin'] ? Is this useful for same purpose ?
I believe that is used to determine if the user has re-authenticated for entering the Admin panel :)
Post Reply