phpBB3 Api

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Tesla2000

phpBB3 Api

Post by Tesla2000 »

I have developed a small API for phpBB3 it can do the following thing:

- Login to phpBB3
- Check if you are logged in and get the userdata
- Create a new account
- Send a pm
- Do a new post in a Forum

The main file is phpbb3.inc.php
All the other files mainly contain code copied from phpbb3.
it contains the phpBB3_API class which has all the methods for all the functions.
It depends on PEAR DB, but should not be to hard change it.
It is designed so that phpbb and you code can be on different servers and databases. So connections to the phpbb db should be minimized.

Its still in development an not complete (especially the login and authentication stuff). And there also seems to be a bug that people sometime can not login.
If someone knows how to fix it I would be very pleased.

I release it under GPL.
Attachments
phpbb3api.7z
(148.13 KiB) Downloaded 1157 times

Tesla2000

Re: phpBB3 Api

Post by Tesla2000 »

I made a sourceforge projekt for it
http://sourceforge.net/projects/phpbb3api/

JRSweets

Post by JRSweets »

Do you know phpBB has a built in API and functions to handle most if not all of those functions. For example... http://www.phpbb.com/mods/documentation ... nsert-post

Martindale

Post by Martindale »

This looks great, actually - I'd love to use this to extend our forums to a Facebook application.

Xar

Post by Xar »

Great! This is just what I've been looking for. I will probably use this and fix any bugs that I find. Thanks! :D