Feature request : customized DNSBL in ACP

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
jmpoure

Feature request : customized DNSBL in ACP

Post by jmpoure »

Hello,

My forum recently got hacked by no-life people.
When looking at the logs, I can notice a lot of them are blacklisted in DNSBL.
I had to install mod_defense for Apache using DNSBL.

Could it be possible for PhpBB 3.1 to enable custom DNSBL.
This is an important issue for webmasters that do not use mod_defense.

Kind regards,
Jean-Michel
Last edited by jmpoure on Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

darcie
Community Team
Community Team

Re: Urgent : customized DNSBL in ACP

Post by darcie »

Not sure if you noticed the forum rules box above, but this forum isn't for feature requests, support, or anything other than discussion. Care to rephrase yourself to make it a discussion? If you'd like support, the main board is where you should be.

code reader

Re: Feature request : customized DNSBL in ACP

Post by code reader »

regardless of "forum rules":
if you believe that the forum was hacked through a weakness in phpbb (rather than something else on the server, such as out-of date apache, php, or some other s/w running on your server), then i urge you to contact the phpbb incidents investigation team ( http://www.phpbb.com/incidents/ ), and notify (through PM) the team leader of the support team on the main phpbb site.
if you can analyze, through logs etc., what really happened, you should also fill a report in the security tracker ( http://www.phpbb.com/security/ ).
Last edited by darcie on Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Duh, forgot that part. Thanks! This is exactly right.