Did my install freeze or not?

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Central

Did my install freeze or not?

Post by Central »

I cloned my MySQL database over to my other site, changed the config.php to match the new info and uploaded this file with all the new phpbb gold files up to the new host per the instructions for Full Install.

From there I follow the instructions on converting the database and go to /intall/database_update.php -- where it gives me this screen:
Updating database to latest stable release

Database type :: mysql4
Previous version :: 3.0.RC1
Updated version :: 3.0.0

Cleaning usernames

Please note that this can take a while... Please do not stop the script.

Progress ::
I presume the colons next to "Progress" are supposed to slowly increment along, but nothing has changed on this screen since I went to it about an hour ago. When it says this can take a while, it doesn't mean this long, right? Is there a danger in cutting loose and reattempting?

John Hjorth

Re: Did my install freeze or not?

Post by John Hjorth »

Hi Central,

This is actually a support question that should be asked in appropriate forum on main community board, not here.