phpBB 3.2 Discussion

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
igorw

Re: phpBB 3.2 Discussion

Post by igorw »

That new bbcode parser is looking sweet! :o 8-)

EXreaction

Post by EXreaction »

New BBCode parse? :o

I am too tired to look at it now thoroughly, but it sounds awesome and looks like nice code. :D

One thing I noticed, in bbcode_parser.php, this line:

Code: Select all

'i' => array(
isn't tabbed in the same as the rest. No big deal, but I thought I'd mention it. :mrgreen:

From the looks of it, people will have the option of selecting different "versions" of the bbcode parser with different default bbcodes :?
And there are 2 smilies listed in that file as well. :?

poppertom69

Post by poppertom69 »

The new parser works really well. Is it going to include the ability to add if statements into it and be able to limit the bbcodes based on groups because that will make it awesome even more.

igorw

Post by igorw »

I like how the posting api is looking so far :D Keep it up!

bloop2

Post by bloop2 »

My #1 request by far is the ability to remove warnings completely (logs, count, notes, everything) without having to go into the database and edit tables manually. To me this should have always been part of the standard distribution and I would have rather seen no warning system at all then the one currently employed because to be perfectly honest it's worthless and needs a complete overhaul. I know about the events system coming out which I hope will live up to the hype but again without the ability to remove warnings completely then it will do more harm then good. I hope a DEV team member will chime in on this and let us know if this feature is going to make it in the 3.2 release or not so we can settle the debate once and for all.

Thanks,
Bloop

janmyszkier

Post by janmyszkier »

well, I'm not sure if i should install the 3.0.1 so my board would go down or something ;) therefore i don't have a way to check it. but i reeeaaally would like and need IDN(international domain names) support in automatic(posts especially) text-to-url conversion. it doesn't work in 3.0.0. thanks a lot ;]

EXreaction

Post by EXreaction »

One thing I just thought of that would really help in supporting additional DB types that I'd like to see changed...

Get rid of db_tools.php completely and integrate it with each DB class. That way it would be much easier to add support for new DB types. Though I bet you guys already had that planned, right? :mrgreen:

DavidMJ

Post by DavidMJ »

I consider that pollution of the namespace... I see no changes in how we structure the DBAL in 3.2 from what we have right now

Having ported two more drivers over _today_, I see nothing wrong with how we do it right now... Perhaps if you could give a more "full" proposal?
Freedom from fear

naderman
Consultant

Post by naderman »

Well I think the only thing that we might want to change there is that one file contains code for all databases, while the rest of the dbal is properly seperated. I think that's rather what he was referring to than having all the code loaded by default even if it's not needed.

EXreaction

Post by EXreaction »

naderman wrote:Well I think the only thing that we might want to change there is that one file contains code for all databases, while the rest of the dbal is properly seperated. I think that's rather what he was referring to than having all the code loaded by default even if it's not needed.
That would work even better. The stuff in db_tools isn't used very often, so it would be using up more space if it was in the main extended classes. But if you had db/db_tools/(mysqli|mysql|oracle|etc).php files that would organize everything and would make keeping track of things much better, especially when adding support for extra db systems. :D