phpBB 3.2 Discussion

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Highway of Life
Location: I'd love to change the World, but they won't give me the Source Code

Re: phpBB 3.2 Discussion

Post by Highway of Life »

Changes for the 3.0.1 release (so far):
  • [Change] Validate birthdays (Bug #15004)
  • [Fix] Allow correct avatar caching for CGI installations. (thanks wildbill)
  • [Fix] Fix disabling of word censor, now possible again
  • [Fix] Allow single quotes in db password to be stored within config.php in installer
  • [Fix] Correctly quote db password for re-display in installer (Bug #16695 / thanks to m313 for reporting too - #s17235)
  • [Fix] Correctly handle empty imageset entries (Bug #16865)
  • [Fix] Correctly check empty subjects/messages (Bug #17915)
  • [Change] Do not check usernames against word censor list. Disallowed usernames is already checked and word censor belong to posts. (Bug #17745)
  • [Fix] Additionally include non-postable forums for moderators forums shown within the teams list. (Bug #17265)
  • [Change] Sped up viewforum considerably (also goes towards mcp_forum)
  • [Fix] Do not split topic list for topics being promoted to announcements after been moved to another forum (Bug #18635)
  • [Fix] Allow editing usernames within database_update on username cleanup (Bug #18415)
  • [Fix] Fixing wrong sync() calls if moving all posts by a member in ACP (Bug #18385)
  • [Fix] Check entered imagemagick path for trailing slash (Bug #18205)
  • [Fix] Use proper title on index for new/unread posts (Bug #13101) - patch provided by Pyramide
  • [Fix] Allow calls to $user->set_cookie() define no cookie time for setting session cookies (Bug #18025)
  • [Fix] Stricter checks on smilie packs (Bug #19675)
  • [Fix] Gracefully return from cancelling pm drafts (Bug #19675)
  • [Fix] Possible login problems with IE7 if browser check is activated (Bug #20135)
  • [Fix] Fix possible database transaction errors if code returns on error and rollback happened (Bug #17025)
  • [Change] Allow numbers in permission names for modifications, as well as uppercase letters for the request_ part (Bug #20125)
  • [Fix] Use HTTP_HOST in favor of SERVER_NAME for determining server url for redirection and installation (Bug #19955)
  • [Fix] Removing s_watching_img from watch_topic_forum() function (Bug #20445)
  • [Fix] Changing order for post review if more than one post affected (Bug #15249)
  • [Fix] Language typos/fixes (Bug #20425, #15719, #15429, #14669, #13479)
  • [Fix] Style/Template fixes (Bug #20065, #19405, #19205, #15028, #14934, #14821, #14752, #14497, #13707, #14738)
  • [Fix] Tiny code fixes (Bug #20165, #20025, #19795, #14804)
  • [Fix] Prepend phpbb_root_path to ranks path for displaying ranks (Bug #19075)
  • [Fix] Allow forum notifications if topic notifications are disabled but forum notifications enabled (Bug #14765)
  • [Fix] Fixing realpath issues for provider returning the passed value instead of disabling it. This fixes issues with confirm boxes for those hosted on Network Solutions for example. (Bug #20435)
  • [Fix] Try to sort last active date on memberlist correctly at least on current page (Bug #18665)
  • [Fix] Handle generation of form tokens when maximum time is set to -1
  • [Fix] Correctly delete unapproved posts without deleting the topic (Bug #15120)
  • [Fix] Respect signature permissions in posting (Bug #16029)
  • [Fix] Users allowed to resign only from open and freely open groups (Bug #19355)
  • [Fix] Assign a last viewed date to converted topics (Bug #16565)
  • [Fix] Many minor and/or cosmetic fixes (Including, but not limited to: #21315, #18575, #18435, #21215,)

tupeu

Post by tupeu »

ok, there is a desperate need of a new version
i check the svn daily but the work it seems slow to me, sorry, no disregard...just an opinion

it will be some time untill 3.2 but 3.0.1 sound good right now
anyway i tried to use a 3.0.0 database on a 3.1.0 SVN version but no luck, many errors
when, how, what?

EXreaction

Post by EXreaction »

Why do you need a new version?

John Hjorth

Post by John Hjorth »

tupeu,

If you don't know how to use SVN [it seem clear to me from you post above, that you don't] you should really stay away from it.

tupeu

Post by tupeu »

I don`t know how to use SVN but i would like to learn
Anyway, i managed to get the latest version of phpbb3 from svn and installed it, then i tried to replace the database with my "old" one from v3.0.0 but got some errors
I see you have here the latest version, from svn, and the users and topics are still the ones from the 3.0.0 version
How to do that?
How to get the 3.0.0 database work with the current svn version 3.0.1?

Highway of Life
Location: I'd love to change the World, but they won't give me the Source Code

Post by Highway of Life »

Okay, first you should know that if you use phpBB 3 SVN, there is no support for it.
Second, you can’t just use the trunk phpBB 3.1 with an existing 3.0.0 database, it won’t work that way.

Dog Cow

Post by Dog Cow »

tupeu wrote:I don`t know how to use SVN but i would like to learn
Anyway, i managed to get the latest version of phpbb3 from svn and installed it, then i tried to replace the database with my "old" one from v3.0.0 but got some errors
I see you have here the latest version, from svn, and the users and topics are still the ones from the 3.0.0 version
How to do that?
How to get the 3.0.0 database work with the current svn version 3.0.1?
Try using the 'upgrade' option in the installer. :|

Tienchen

Post by Tienchen »

Hello!
I don't know if it was posted. I have a feature suggestion: The use of Drag&Drog, especially in forum, user, (perhaps more?) management. We have built in this feature (of course a GPL2 one, and also optional) in our CMS, and people like it. It was realized with the Yahoo UI library. You don't have to use then clik up and down buttons, just drag and drop with your mouse, I think this is more user friendly.
I don't like these cold, precise, perfect people, who, in order not to speak wrong, never speak at all, and in order not to do wrong, never do anything. (Henry Ward Beecher)
Die Stifthelden

EXreaction

Post by EXreaction »

Good idea. I put something like it together from somebody else's script for the forum display paged (it saved the layout via cookies). It would make things faster if that could be done in forum management and you wouldn't have to refresh the page.

murnauvsbuñuel

Post by murnauvsbuñuel »

any date (unofficial) to the next realease?
sorry for my bad english i am spanish.
Image the best portal to phpBB2