phpBB 3.2 Discussion

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
jmpoure

Re: phpBB 3.2 Discussion

Post by jmpoure »

Could you integrate PostgreSQL full-text patch please?
Please read : viewtopic.php?f=4&t=28707&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=23

This kind of patch is really needed on large forum.
Thanks in advance.

Jean-Michel

Ďuri

Post by Ďuri »

I see last phpBB 3.1.x version for download from 21st January 2008 22:31 (http://area51.phpbb.com/cvs/). Is here any newer version for download?
Sorry for my terrible English, I'm from Slovakia.

John Hjorth

Post by John Hjorth »

Ďuri wrote:I see last phpBB 3.1.x version for download from 21st January 2008 22:31 (http://area51.phpbb.com/cvs/). Is here any newer version for download?
You should read the announcement of 24th January 2008 on main community board.

Ďuri

Post by Ďuri »

Oh, thanks :|
Sorry for my terrible English, I'm from Slovakia.

EXreaction

Post by EXreaction »

What would you guys think about moving the MCP to have it's style separate from the board style as well?

I think that it would save a bit of work for the style authors, and keep things from breaking with different mods and styles that edit the MCP. If you made it look more like the ACP I think it would be fine. Not too many users should have access to it anyways so I do not think it is extremely important to keep the board style along with it.

Otherwise, could you possibly move the mcp and ucp template files to a subfolder off of the template/ folder? I think that would help keep things a bit more organized and make files easier to find.

statm1

Post by statm1 »

That is an interesting idea. As a style author, it would be nice to have less files to convert to a new design and having the ucp/mcp in separate folders would help with organization. But, I dont think the MCP should have the same style as the ACP. The ACP is supposed to have a complete separation from the rest of the board including the MCP. So maybe having a new style just for the MCP? I really dont know..

drdrrae

Post by drdrrae »

EXreaction, I like your idea. It would make creating and maintaining styles much easier so I definitely support it.

statm1, I disagree with making the ACP and MCP have different styles. Having it unified could be more productive as forum staff wouldn't have to get used to another new interface, and it would make creating and updating it simpler for the phpBB developers because they already have the core, they would just have to switch out the content (which would be a chore in itself but easier than writing a whole new style).

Prince of area51

Post by Prince of area51 »

I second that EXreaction, and with the Feature requests open for 3.2 I think you should go for it :D

EXreaction

Post by EXreaction »

Bump.

Any dev give a thought to my last suggestion? :P

naderman
Consultant

Post by naderman »

Yeah we've discussed it a bit, but I doubt we'll change that. We're actually trying to integrate moderation more into the normal forum instead of seperating it even more. So we'd rather like to keep the MCP style fit the forum.