New QA constant

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Prince of area51

Re: New QA constant

Post by Prince of area51 »

I think its going to be something like a pre-release thing, for example RC8 is released and the QA Team can check it out to basically make sure there is nothing wrong with it. Once they have passed the release, then its officially announced. Now the question, why to use a QA constant for that, I think its more like an option to the boards so they can choose whether they want to follow QA Release (making sure a release is 100% bug-free, hassle free, etc before updating the board) or follow the latest possible release (straight out the oven ;) ). Obviously the QA Team will take time in marking a release as approved because they would test it out first (I think).

John Hjorth

Post by John Hjorth »

You are to the best of my knowledge defining new wildcards for solving this tiny mystery. Do we now need a whole team for a constant in phpBB 3.0? What's the CSS code for that button in styles/prosilver/imageset/en/imageset.cfg?

statm1

Post by statm1 »

Nicholas the Italian wrote:Or, this is actually the final step before going gold, i.e., RC8 is internal only and then will be repackaged as 3.0.0? (That is, "we don't want to have a new RC, but as there were quite a few fixes we want to do a final check up before pushing it out")

I'd say the first one is more likely, but who knows.
Well isn't the RC that turns into the final/gold release not supposed to have any changes from the previous RC? As a rule that the gold release is not supposed to include any untested code.

Stallyon

Post by Stallyon »

Think of the Paul McCartney theory where the real Paul died in 1966 and the Beatles replaced him with a look-alike, but left clues to this fact all over their later album covers ...

We, in this theory's case, must find the clues of the now infamous QA, decipher them and put them together to find out exactly what Bertie is trying to communicate with his other Bertie Bears clones, sold and distributed world wide by the unsuspecting folks at phpBB, in his quest for world domination! Be very afraid! :shock: :o

Prince of area51

Post by Prince of area51 »

John Hjorth wrote:You are to the best of my knowledge defining new wildcards for solving this tiny mystery. Do we now need a whole team for a constant in phpBB 3.0? What's the CSS code for that button in styles/prosilver/imageset/en/imageset.cfg?
Well look at it this way .. We know RC8 is in the CVS and it still hasn't been announced. My theory explains it yay :D and who knows how many under cover teams are there (you might be a part of some team whose job is to keep the secret teams' secret :P)

John Hjorth

Post by John Hjorth »

Prince,

:roll: :lol: - point taken.

battye
Extension Customisations
Extension Customisations

Post by battye »

There are some interesting theories in this topic ;)
Customisations Team

John Hjorth

Post by John Hjorth »

Yes, battye,

I think everybody are just eager for some kind of explanation in connection with the next release, so the code can studied further for what it really is. ;)

battye
Extension Customisations
Extension Customisations

Post by battye »

John Hjorth wrote:Yes, battye,

I think everybody are just eager for some kind of explanation in connection with the next release, so the code can studied further for what it really is. ;)
It will become apparent in due time. Sorry I can't be more specific ;)
Customisations Team

Realisty

Post by Realisty »

Why do i have the feeling the whole phpbb team likes to tease us. ;)
They first help the rumours and then they stay "fuzzy"with their answers :P