Changing folder name after install

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
user99

Changing folder name after install

Post by user99 »

To avoid conflicting with new CMS, I have changed phpbb folder name, everything seems to work fine.

Do I need to change something still? There is a path name in ACP which is still mapped to old path.

Ron2K

Re: Changing folder name after install

Post by Ron2K »

phpBB3 is able to detect changes in the path name and adjust itself accordingly (unlike phpBB2, where all hell broke loose if you were to try that little trick).

I'm assuming that the path in the ACP that you're referring to is the one on the server settings page. It only gets used if you choose to override the settings that phpBB automatically detects (the option to do that is on the same page). I would still change that setting, just to be on the safe side. ;)
Life's a game. Just very badly programmed.