RC7, spell check not working

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Nicholas the Italian

Re: RC7, spell check not working

Post by Nicholas the Italian »

I'd love to change the World, but they won't give me the Source Code
Open eMule and look for The Matrix.

code reader

Post by code reader »

actually, several people, myself included, have argued for some time that a spell checker should be a part of the core package.
luckily (or unluckily, depending on your point of view...) FF 2.0 with its built-in spell checker appeared before phpbb3 gold, which made the requirement much lower priority for many people.
i believe there is also a spell-checker (maybe more than one) add-on for IE, though i'm not sure if it's a freebie or not.

Highway of Life
Location: I'd love to change the World, but they won't give me the Source Code

Post by Highway of Life »

Firefox 2, Firefox 3 Beta1, Safari 3, all of those have built-in spell checkers.
The last thing we want is burdened, overloaded, bloated software because it implemented a spell checker. :evil:

Prince of area51

Post by Prince of area51 »

I agree with Highway of Life, when one piece of software tries to do more than one thing than we start to make a mess of things, the software starts falling apart, and then there are blue screens (of death) lol. Instead of making one software do all, its better to have different pieces of software working together.

balding_ape

Post by balding_ape »

code reader wrote:actually, several people, myself included, have argued for some time that a spell checker should be a part of the core package.
luckily (or unluckily, depending on your point of view...) FF 2.0 with its built-in spell checker appeared before phpbb3 gold, which made the requirement much lower priority for many people.
i believe there is also a spell-checker (maybe more than one) add-on for IE, though i'm not sure if it's a freebie or not.
The vast majority of forum communication is non-formal, and correct spelling is not a particularly important issue. For those who, like me, want their own spelling to be perfect regardless, there have always been other options. There are better areas for the development team to spend their time (in my opinion, of course).