MySQL Insert statement for new members

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Ryster092

MySQL Insert statement for new members

Post by Ryster092 » Sat Aug 18, 2007 5:55 pm

Hi all

I'm developing a site that will auto-register members onto our phpBB 3 forums. When someone registers on my site, it will automatically create their member account in the forum database. Users will not be allowed to registered directly on the forums to prevent spam.

Can anybody help me out by providing me with a sample SQL Insert statement for inserting a member record into the phpBB 3 database. I don't know which data fields are required and which will accept Null.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Ryster

A_Jelly_Doughnut

Re: MySQL Insert statement for new members

Post by A_Jelly_Doughnut » Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:02 pm

I recommend using the user_add() function which is found in /includes/functions_user.php. All you have to do is specify which items you want, and the rest will be filled with defaults :)
A_Jelly_Doughnut

Ryster092

Post by Ryster092 » Sat Aug 18, 2007 11:41 pm

That's just it, my web application is built in Cold Fusion Markup Language, not PHP. Therefore the only option is to directly add a record to the database. Any assistance would be very gratefully received.

Thanks.

profpete

Post by profpete » Sun Aug 19, 2007 2:19 pm

Build a PHP wrapper file to call that function, then call that from within CF, e.g.

http://www.myserver.com/myforum/customt ... sword=test etc

Obviously make sure /customtools/ has a some sort of access control to only allow requests from the IP of your CF server etc.

Ryster092

Post by Ryster092 » Sun Aug 19, 2007 4:27 pm

I don't know PHP I'm afraid. Can anyone who knows PHP please give me a hand with this, my gaming league will be forever grateful :)