What is up with the ACP?

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Jason Argo

Re: What is up with the ACP?

Post by Jason Argo »

Prince of area51 wrote:New Forum:
1. Create a new forum .. once you press the Submit button .. the confirmation screen (green screen telling you the forum has been created) also says that you can set permissions for the forum .. click 'set permissions' .. (goto step 3)

Already Created Forum:
2. Goto ACP -> Forums -> Forum Permissions .. choose the forum you want to assign a role .. and click Submit

3. Now basically you will come up with a screen where you can pick the groups you want to assign forum roles to .. usually you will choose Registered Members and Guests .. choose the group(s) and click on Add Permissions (if you already have added roles for those groups, they will appear in the top box and you will have to click Edit Permissions)

4. Depending on how many groups you chose (and I recommend as a newbie, stick to one group at a time :P ), you will see a forum name followed a (or a list of) group(s) and the current permissions .. First timers will see 'No Permissions Assigned' .. etc

5. Now the easy bit .. give (each) group its role .. like in my forum all Registered Members get 'Standard Access + Polls' and Guests get 'Ready Only Access' roles ..

6. Once you are happy .. hit the magic button .. Apply All Permissions ..

[EDIT]lol still posting it so someone else can find it useful[/EDIT]
I found your post very useful too, Thanks.
"Computers in the future may have only 1,000 vacuum tubes and perhaps only weigh 1.5 tonnes"

- Popular Mechanics magazine, 1949