Suspecting GOLD Very Soon...

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
SamG

Re: Suspecting GOLD Very Soon...

Post by SamG »

A trailer, yes. An ingenious (IMHO) play on the 2001 concept. If we start seeing black monoliths floating around area51, then it might be time to suit up.
"I hate trolls!" - Willow Ufgood

jasonf1

Post by jasonf1 »

SamG wrote:A trailer, yes. An ingenious (IMHO) play on the 2001 concept. If we start seeing black monoliths floating around area51, then it might be time to suit up.
You have this much time to get suited up... :lol:

Gumfuzi

Post by Gumfuzi »

oh, a countdown - and exact 7 years after phpbb 1.0.0 was released!!!

shurst2004

Post by shurst2004 »

Wow, it's so close now!

John Hjorth

Post by John Hjorth »

There has been a quite funny and fast moving topic on a board owned by two MOD team members about a prize, also rising the temperature on the board quite a bit the last few days - and lots phpBB team members visiting that board also during the days, it seems evident that some other team members have been involved in those activities, hosting parts of the elements involved in the prize hunt. :D

jasonf1

Post by jasonf1 »

"Until you will finally know when it's ready!" ..... it did not say this earlier :( It only had the countdown timer, earlier.

:o Maybe they will let us know it's ready at the end of this countdown and then release it immediately?? :lol:

John Hjorth

Post by John Hjorth »

Well, there are some Germans on dev. team, but the behavior seems a bit Danish to me right now. The late and former Danish premier minister Jens Otto Krag once said :
You have one opinion and point of view on a political topic untill you take an other.

jasonf1

Post by jasonf1 »

John Hjorth wrote:Well, there are some Germans on dev. team, but the behavior seems a bit Danish to me right now. The late and former Danish premier minister Jens Otto Krag once said :
You have one opinion and point of view on a political topic untill you take an other.
Reminds me of Senator John Kerry's run for the presidency in the U.S. in 2004. He said...
I was for the war before I was against it.
Maybe the phpBB team were for releasing gold on the 9th before they were against releasing it on the 9th? :lol: I fear this is yet another conspiracy and an element of misdirection.. :shock:

jimmygoon

Post by jimmygoon »

The sad/funny thing is, over a year ago, I told my friend "Oh, it will be soon. It will come out soon and we can start up the forum again".

Hum...

John Hjorth

Post by John Hjorth »

Well, the code in the .swf file still seems quite strong minded to continue the count down. :P