Suspecting GOLD Very Soon...

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
prototech
Former Team Member

Re: Suspecting GOLD Very Soon...

Post by prototech »

fberci wrote:Have you looked at the team page recently? psoTFX has been finally put into the team leaders group! :D

When can we expect the announcement? :)
I'm guessing you're talking about the team page here at area51... which is really old news. I'm pretty sure he was added more than two months ago. :geek:

jasonf1

Post by jasonf1 »

wintermute wrote:Wow, finally I had a chance to use the term "getting slapped like a red headed stepchild" in a sentence. My English teachers would be so proud.
This is offensive to all red headed stepchildren around the world!! :x Just kidding! :lol:
You've got some great English teachers!!! :)
wintermute wrote:Also, I really hope all that gold teasing will conclude in a Gold release very soon. Such teasing is very dangerous and increasing expectations unnecessarily, I think.
I couldn't agree with you more!

karlsemple

Post by karlsemple »

They are the kind of stupid remarks which helped his decision to leave the team, why people like you have a desire to upset and offend the people who provide the very software you use is beyond me.....and you wonder why you got slapped :roll:

wintermute

Post by wintermute »

Karl, now you are pulling us into the same vicious circle. The developers and we the users are in a mutual relationship. We both exists because of the other. If you get this thing into the usual "shut up, you are not paying for it" argument, that is very ugly. The fact that we are not paying for the software and the developers are spending their free time over it does not give them the right to slap the user in the face.

I have told this before, I thought it was over and now and I'm sad to see the same attitude is still alive within phpBB development. No matter it is good intended or not, every criticism is confronted with "You are not paying for it" argument. I'm sorry but that is getting tiresome. I love phpBB above any other software I use, I know the developers spend their life over it, but I think the users need respect as much as the developers.

Best wishes, wintermute
Greetings to everyone...

me_09

Post by me_09 »

ChrisRLG wrote:
me_09 wrote:Woo! Next is Gold i think
:D

Are you sure :)
Not sure but think ;)

John Hjorth

Post by John Hjorth »

Wintermute,

1. Why even post such opinions here at Area51 about something that happened in the past, now more than 2 years ago?
2. Is your username also Wintermute on main community board?
3. Are you active involved in local (Turkish, I suppose) support etc. for phpBB?

karlsemple

Post by karlsemple »

wintermute wrote:Karl, now you are pulling us into the same vicious circle. The developers and we the users are in a mutual relationship. We both exists because of the other. If you get this thing into the usual "shut up, you are not paying for it" argument, that is very ugly. The fact that we are not paying for the software and the developers are spending their free time over it does not give them the right to slap the user in the face.

I have told this before, I thought it was over and now and I'm sad to see the same attitude is still alive within phpBB development. No matter it is good intended or not, every criticism is confronted with "You are not paying for it" argument. I'm sorry but that is getting tiresome. I love phpBB above any other software I use, I know the developers spend their life over it, but I think the users need respect as much as the developers.

Best wishes, wintermute

I never said any of that and I am also not a phpBB developer so what I say has nothing to do with phpBB development. I was commenting on your general attitude towards someone who put a lot of effort into something only to be attacked by users such as yourself. Sorry but all that "your not paying for it so shut up" stuff is in your head as I never said that :? Whether you are paying or not paying should make no difference to whether or not you should show an ex team member a degree of respect for what he did instead of making unprovoked character attacks on him.

Gunsmith

Post by Gunsmith »

Unless the staff member himself comes to this topic, makes a post about how he's going to delay the Gold release as much as possible using every resource available (at least until 2012), and then attempts to shank our computers- I think if anyone has an issue with 'im, they should take it up in private with the individual themself, no? =P

Back to the actual discussion at hand: either the gold themes are suggesting we'll be seeing a phpBB3 gold release in the near future, or it's a cruel, cruel joke made by image-swapping terrorists.
One day, I'll remember to add my actual signature and avatar. I think.

suisu-jin

Post by suisu-jin »

I'm sure it's not a joke. I think they're just really happy to see the light at the end of a long long tunnel - a golden light.
«I've always followed the rule that anything worth doing is worth doing excessively.» (Robert Parker)

Highway of Life
Location: I'd love to change the World, but they won't give me the Source Code

Post by Highway of Life »

wintermute, The phpBB Teams should and do respect the users, we know the users is why phpBB has become the most popular Open Source Bulletin Software in the World. Like any organisation, there are difficulties, people get upset over issues, take phpBB3 as a prime example. There are many users who are angry that it took the teams so long to develop the software, and that it is still not released.
Or you have people that don’t like the way it is developed, or ask stupid questions about the project, but no matter what, in all situations, the Team Members should respect the users, certainly nobody likes being slapped in the face as nobody asks a stupid question on purpose. But by the same token, users should likewise respect the Team Members and Developers who make phpBB what it is. Team Members, even former ones, don’t like being slapped in the face either. ;)
However, it’s been two years since psoTFX was here, let us not carry grudges, lets leave the past in the past and move ahead, we have a project nearing completion, lets show it our full support. :D

/me looks at Avatar... OH! an Image Swapping Terrorist has been here!! :o :shock: