RSS feeds for forums?

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Mobious

RSS feeds for forums?

Post by Mobious »

Is it possible to set up an RSS feed for a forum?

I've seen people do it with vBulletin. Though I'm not sure how, which is most likely due to my extreme lack of knowledge of RSS (I know next to nothing...)

But I do know that it would be awsome if I could set up an RSS feed that showed new threads created in a News forum or something...

Is it possible? and if so, how...

Schumi

Re: RSS feeds for forums?

Post by Schumi »

There is no such function build into phpBB 3.0 but you should take a look into the "MODs in Development" forum on the main site, there are already such MODs posted ;).
"If sharks die, the sea dies" - Andy Cobb, ambassador SHARKPROJECT South Africa

Mobious

Re: RSS feeds for forums?

Post by Mobious »

ah ha!

I wasnt aware that a MOD forum was up and running already. Thanks for pointing that out to me (and answering my question).

There are quite a few good lookin things in there...