Suspecting RC2 Very Soon...

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
pIasma

Re: Suspecting RC2 Very Soon...

Post by pIasma »

who opens the "Suspecting RC3 Very Soon..."' topic now ? :mrgreen:

Nicholas the Italian

Post by Nicholas the Italian »

Uh, I didn't expect it so soon, although I heard some rumors from "well-informed" sources.
They left some 170 open reports, I'm wondering whether they are going to deal with them now or after gold.
From Acyd Burn's announcement:
This is the second release candidate which is meant to become the Gold release if no more bugs or problems arise. Of course there may be more release candidates.
This seems to indicate that next version is meant to be gold - ie, no RC3, unless serious bugs arise. So I'd rather suggest a "Suspecting 3.0.0 very soon" topic. ;)

About the fixes:
During the last weeks the convertor have seen a lot of bugfixes and updates, guaranteeing a much more stable conversion as well as numerous updates.
Changelog: http://www.phpbb.com/support/documents. ... &version=3

prototech
Former Team Member

Post by prototech »

Nicholas the Italian wrote:
This is the second release candidate which is meant to become the Gold release if no more bugs or problems arise. Of course there may be more release candidates
This seems to indicate that next version is meant to be gold - ie, no RC3, unless serious bugs arise. So I'd rather suggest a "Suspecting 3.0.0 very soon" topic.
Not exactly since that exact phrase was also in the RC1 announcement, take a look. ;)
Acyd Burn wrote:Hello,

We are very pleased to announce the availability of the phpBB3 RC1 package. This is the first release candidate which is meant to become the Gold release if no more bugs or problems arise. Of course there may be more than one release candidate.

Nicholas the Italian

Post by Nicholas the Italian »

Ah ok, I didn't remember that.
So, it's just a pro-forma sentence.
Well, we'll live and see.