New Topic Icons

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Wernight

Re: New Topic Icons

Post by Wernight »

I don't like the egg shape so much. Makes them look less cute and funny. They look more human. I don't find the new ones are that useful to express some expressions and the cool already existed. Even the color (darker orange) doesn't seem to fit well the boar now.

I really love what people at deviantART have done as smilies: They look really customized for their website (note that I don't have any relationship with them). Another good example is probably Skype's smilies.

Some smilies that I think are missing:
  • :P (a real tongue not the current thing that has nothing related)
  • D'OH
  • ANGRY
  • SLEEPY (very usefull for dev)
  • LOVE (useful for relationship boards)
  • :S (not meaning confused and not :| either)
  • ANGEL (there is a devil, so there should be an angel)
Some extra (most taken from Skype):
  • WHEW
  • HAPPY (since there are many smiles actually, it's pretty similar so may be forget that one)
  • BORED
  • SMIRK
  • NOD (an agreement nod)
  • SHAKE (a disagreement head shake)
  • FIGHT/PUNCH
  • YES (thumb down)
  • NO (thumb up)
  • AGREE (hand shake)
I know people can customize and add their own. Just now that devs started updating them, which is a very nice thing, why not make it better from the start? The board looks nice. Let's make some nice icons that can be useful to transport some message or feeling.

gertschi

Post by gertschi »

Wernight wrote:I don't like the egg shape so much. Makes them look less cute and funny. They look more human.
I agree completely. The new egg shaped smilies don't look like smilies anymore. Please go back to the plain old, round shaped smilies. Of course you can add new ones and redraw them a little bit to get them a fresh look but please don't mess with the overall look.

aaldere1

Post by aaldere1 »

Who cares? They look fine and serve their purpose. You can always change them back later.
Shop smart, shop S-mart.

DarsVaeda

Post by DarsVaeda »

its not if you couldn't change back to the old ones.
but you couldn't swap to the new ones if there were none.
so...
nothing to complain about :D
"They say time is the fire in which we burn."

TerraPedia.org

marosell

Post by marosell »

I like them all, except the "scream" one. That one REALLY freaks me out.