Is it phpBB or the server displaying this error on phpbb.com

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
The Grinch

Is it phpBB or the server displaying this error on phpbb.com

Post by The Grinch »

I just tried to hop onto phpbb.com and got the follwing error.
General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Host 'phpbb.osuosl.org' is blocked because of many connection errors; unblock with 'mysqladmin flush-hosts' [1129]

An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.

I'm just wondering if that's a server/database issue, or if it's related to Load setting feature found in the ACP?

Techie-Micheal

Re: Is it phpBB or the server displaying this error on phpbb.com

Post by Techie-Micheal »

That's the database server saying that.

BondGamer

Re: Is it phpBB or the server displaying this error on phpbb.com

Post by BondGamer »

As an aside note, the PHPBB.com server has been quite unreliable for the past couple of weeks. I am getting a lot of page not found (or whatever it means when the server does not respond) errors. For example I will open up 5 topics quickly and sometimes 1 will not open or every one of them will not open. It usually goes away quickly. This seems to be server related and not from the phpBB software.