Disable Guest

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
drewtscott

Re: Disable Guest

Post by drewtscott »

Nicholas the Italian wrote:
code reader wrote: ban the anonymous user

Wow, dirty, but genial :P

Except for the fact that if the first sentence a users sees when viewing your forum is "You have been banned permanenty," they're probably not going to stick around for long ;) At least I wouldn't!

Nicholas the Italian

Post by Nicholas the Italian »

drewtscott wrote: Except for the fact that if the first sentence a users sees when viewing your forum is "You have been banned permanenty," they're probably not going to stick around for long ;) At least I wouldn't!

Since it's a private forum, I guess it should be totally unreachable by unknown users. So they're not even meant to see that.

Highway of Life
Location: I'd love to change the World, but they won't give me the Source Code

Post by Highway of Life »

I’m not quite understanding what is difficult with putting the registered users code in index.php and faq.php, which are the only two locations that require it after all other options are set in the ACP. :?

code reader

Post by code reader »

Highway of Life wrote: I’m not quite understanding what is difficult with putting the registered users code in index.php and faq.php, which are the only two locations that require it after all other options are set in the ACP. :?
it is not that difficult, but you have to admit there is something elegant in exploiting some existing quirk without modifying a single line of code.
it's a shame that the text on the blocked page is somewhat awkward, but the actual functionality is exactly what the OP wanted, with minimal fiddling and zero code change. not sure if that's how i would do it, but, at least until some modding advice is accepted here, that was the best trick i saw so far.

me_09

Post by me_09 »

But i hope staff phpbb insert this feature on PhpBB3 or i aspect a MOD for this
:)
Because the people want create a forum private, the forum for only person he want is really good
I want create a forum private and don't want the guest see all page for viewtopic, viewforum the problem is resolved
Is easy Permission --> Only group you want
But for index and faq the only page see guest you use a code or i hope phpbb insert this feature

Highway of Life

The code changes are so small, I can’t imagine MOD being made for it... it’s just more of a tip/trick than a MOD.

Rotsblok

Post by Rotsblok »

me_09 wrote: But i hope staff phpbb insert this feature on PhpBB3 or i aspect a MOD for this
:)
Because the people want create a forum private, the forum for only person he want is really good
I want create a forum private and don't want the guest see all page for viewtopic, viewforum the problem is resolved
Is easy Permission --> Only group you want
But for index and faq the only page see guest you use a code or i hope phpbb insert this feature

Not likely cos phpBB3 is feature frozen which means nothing is added to the feature list. But i still cannot see why you would want to block guest from seeing your Faq page. I will explain myself. The faq page is uniform on all phpBB forums (unless you are putting stuff in that relates very close to the operation of your board)

And just another "dirty" hack you can also alter the you are permanently banned messages. Problem only is that you then have an strange messages for people that are really banned permanently
ø = 1.618033988749895...
Everything has ø in it

me_09

Post by me_09 »

I want create a forum private for only person i want and don't want the other person and guest enter on this forum and don't see page
All page don't see, faq, index ecc.
Example

Guest try a go on page and see Login or
You don't have permission for this page

hope understand

Highway of Life

Yes, but don’t you have the solutions you need already? :?

me_09

Post by me_09 »

The only solution is add this code

Code: Select all

if (!$user->data['is_registered'])
{
    redirect('ucp.php?mode=login');
}
In page you don't want guest see