The Error Log

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
TigerWolf

The Error Log

Post by TigerWolf »

A user I had reported this error
General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Unknown column 'word_count' in 'where clause' [1054]

An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.

Now - i know that this problem exists and the most likely reasons why but my questions and concerns are that this did not appear in my error log.

Do i need to enable the error log? Could this be a bug, does anyone elses error log work?
Kellanved
Former Team Member

Re: The Error Log

Post by Kellanved »

The error log is for server configuration issues, like failed emails etc. The SQL error is due to a - IIRC already fixed - bug / change in the database schema.

As SQL errors shouldn't happen at all and adding entries to the error log requires a working database, they are not included there.
No support via PM.
Trust me, I'm a doctor.
TigerWolf

Re: The Error Log

Post by TigerWolf »

Thanks for the clearup.