theFinn: return to development?

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
yexusbeliever

theFinn: return to development?

Post by yexusbeliever »

I am not too sure what's the current status with the development team here. I do notice one thing is that those who were involved in the development of phpBB and left has the title "valued contributor" when you see them on the memberlist. I check with theFinn and I know that he is the main guy who founded this project, but I thought he had left the project long time ago. So why does he still have the title "Project Manager"? And the last he appear on phpBB.com is on March 2007, which is quite recent.
hmm....

battye
Extension Customisations
Extension Customisations

Re: theFinn: return to development?

Post by battye »

As far as I know, theFinn never left...
Customisations Team

yexusbeliever

Post by yexusbeliever »

battye wrote: As far as I know, theFinn never left...

What does he do? Since Acid Byrn does the coding, does he just manage the project's direction?
hmm....

battye
Extension Customisations
Extension Customisations

Post by battye »

Customisations Team

karlsemple

Post by karlsemple »

yexusbeliever wrote:
battye wrote: As far as I know, theFinn never left...

What does he do? Since Acid Byrn does the coding, does he just manage the project's direction?

I think you'll find there is more than just Acyd Burn doing the coding as well :)

jojobarjo32

Post by jojobarjo32 »

Please correct me if I'm wrong but I think that the only (real) project manager currently is SHS` and that theFinn have kept his Project Manager rank because he's the founder of phpBB (and the one who wrote primarily phpBB 1.0). So it looks more like an honor rank :) (after all, he's not just a "valuable contributor"...)

karlsemple

Post by karlsemple »

jojobarjo32 wrote: Please correct me if I'm wrong but I think that the only (real) project manager currently is SHS` and that theFinn have kept his Project Manager rank because he's the founder of phpBB (and the one who wrote primarily phpBB 1.0). So it looks more like an honor rank :) (after all, he's not just a "valuable contributor"...)

TheFinn is the project founder and manager, and as you can see from the domain ownership he is still very much part of phpBB, just because he is leaving the current management to SHS does not mean he is no longer a team member and his rank is not just a trophy rank I am sure ;)
Removed - Posting WHOIS details (even if they aren't ID protected) is considered bad form/bad netiquette... don't even get me started with AboutUs.org. :evil:

Although I suppose anything is possible :lol:
Last edited by SHS` on Sun Apr 15, 2007 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Grrr.

jojobarjo32

Post by jojobarjo32 »

Yes I know he's still the domain owner but that does not mean he is still "active" (IMO, and from what I saw on *.phpbb.com websites for some years :)).
Maybe SHS` or theFinn himself could enlighten us :)

Nicholas the Italian

Post by Nicholas the Italian »

He is Bertie's real identity 8O

DarsVaeda

Post by DarsVaeda »

i believe there is much more going on in the background than we will ever get to know!
i heard scully and moulder talking about it lately...
"They say time is the fire in which we burn."

TerraPedia.org