proSilver now in CVS!

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
interlog

Re: proSilver now in CVS!

Post by interlog »

A bit disappointed that there is no standard bb code for font colors. They either have totally forgotten about it or purposely omitted it.

Perhaps I should report it as a bug?

Mark :D

Kevin Clark
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Kevin Clark »

trenzterra wrote: somehow prosilver has some sort of a cluttered feeling to me compared to sS2... anyone feel the same way?

I think this one looks a lot less cluttered than phpbb.com.
The main site is running a narrower page and also has the subforums listed on the index. I find it so cluttered that I'm actually using the forum differently now. I used to go through each section reading the posts. Now I just go to the new posts page and read from there as I find it easier.

I think this site looks much better for the wider look and no subforums on the index.

Shadow Reaper

Post by Shadow Reaper »

Well I prefer this version of ProSilver to the subSilver by far, it's more modern and seems alot cleaner. Though I do agree that the version on the main site seems to be more cluttered though it's most likely due to the darker colours in my opinion.

Great Job php team on this one

code reader

Post by code reader »

interlog wrote: A bit disappointed that there is no standard bb code for font colors. They either have totally forgotten about it or purposely omitted it.

Perhaps I should report it as a bug?

Mark :D
i think you confuse a little bit between a standard bbcode for font colors and a bbcode button/control in the "posting" form. (as an aside, i believe it was already reported in the tracker)

Fountain of Apples

Post by Fountain of Apples »

trenzterra wrote: somehow prosilver has some sort of a cluttered feeling to me compared to sS2... anyone feel the same way?

I feel just the opposite. I always felt that subsilver2 (note the new capitalization folks!) had a more cluttered feel, especially in the UCP/MCP. I like the new design much better.

Ahh, feel the freedom of a flexible width! *stretches out arms* <3
A successful community begins with YOU. Tag, you're it.

rossmcclymont

Post by rossmcclymont »

Shadow Reaper wrote: Well I prefer this version of ProSilver to the subSilver by far, it's more modern and seems alot cleaner. Though I do agree that the version on the main site seems to be more cluttered though it's most likely due to the darker colours in my opinion.

Great Job php team on this one

I agree with you there, Shadow - out of subSilver, subSilver2, proSilver on phpBB.com and proSilver here, I like the proSilver here the best. :D

Ash Hi Fi Zone

Post by Ash Hi Fi Zone »

I like this proSilver because this one's width is 100% compared to the phpbb.com's prosilver which aint :-(

But the grey/black at phpbb.com is more attractive than this blue IMO :D

I like this Blue prosilver too but I like the colour of phpbb.com's proSIlver more :P

ChrisRLG

Post by ChrisRLG »

I think I will be staying with subsilver2.

One thing prosilver lacks - at both phpbb.com and here is the next topic, previous topic links when viewing a topic - they save so many page views when you are looking through a forum, that I would not like to lose that feature by using prosilver as the default.

Acyd Burn

Post by Acyd Burn »

Hmm, i see them, directly under the last post, "Previous" and "Next".

SHS`

Post by SHS` »

Acyd Burn wrote: Hmm, i see them, directly under the last post, "Previous" and "Next".

Hmmm... they function as next/previous page (and thus duplication of pagination), rather than next/previous topic. I can't for the life of me recall if this was deliberate (the discussion forum from 2004 is long gone :D), or is a bug. :mrgreen:
Jonathan “SHS`” Stanley • 史德信
phpBB™ 3.1.x, Bug/Security trackers
phpBB™ Bertie Bear 3.0 — prosilver Edition!Asking Questions The Smart Way