prosilver discussion among users

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
asinshesq

Re: prosilver discussion among users

Post by asinshesq »

Freelance wrote: Looks like the pageloads are back to normal on phpbb.com

Does seem fine now, but that may be because they were down for a bit and now have a lower number of users online (the index says 2500 users over the last hour right now).
Alan

Highway of Life
Location: I'd love to change the World, but they won't give me the Source Code

Post by Highway of Life »

Yeah, I’ve had temperamental slowness as well.
I had figured it was a 2 unit problem though. (Apache -> DB being on separate servers)

jojobarjo32

Post by jojobarjo32 »

To come back to proSilver, could a developper tell us if it's envisaged that proSilver highlights friends' topics & posts on viewforum/viewtopic ? I don't see very well the utility of the friends feature if the default style doesn't manage them :?

Acyd Burn

Post by Acyd Burn »

It is not meant to. ;) But friends are highlighted within the PM system...

jojobarjo32

Post by jojobarjo32 »

Thanks for the reply Meik. But can you explain why please ? :) I don't see any disadvantage and moreover the text in the UCP makes think that at least the default style (i.e. proSilver) highlights friends.

DK

Post by DK »

yeah today even with over 3k users online I'm flying on the main site now. Rendering and loading are blazing fast atm :)

Acyd Burn

Post by Acyd Burn »

jojobarjo32 wrote: Thanks for the reply Meik. But can you explain why please ? :)

It just did not work out - it may be added quite differently later (since the information is available) but at the moment it is not done.