prosilver discussion among users

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
quick5pnt0

Re: prosilver discussion among users

Post by quick5pnt0 »

TwistedWeather wrote: Dont care for the new Announcements look or the new viewforum look at all. Very sloppy looking.

That's basically what I posted on the other forum. Other than the names/avatars being on the right the main problem I have with Prosilver is how the viewtopic page does not follow the design of the index or viewforum pages. On the viewforum/index pages there is a nice gray border around everything that makes it look organized, while on the viewtopic pages everything looks messy and unorganized.

cornnfedd

Post by cornnfedd »

i really like the new template look but

not so sure on the flip, probably prefer it remains on the left
i find it hard to distinguish between posts
it does look a little too 'bloggish'

overall though good start cant wait for the next changes......

:D :D :D :D :D

Handyman

Post by Handyman »

I finally checked out the UCP… I'm really liking the UCP upgrade, it looks great.
My phpBB3 Mods || My Mod Queue
Search Engine Friendly (SEO) URLs || Profile link on Avatar and/or Username || AJAX Chat
Display Posts Anywhere || CashMod || AJAX Quick Edit || AJAX Quick Reply

ChrisRLG

Post by ChrisRLG »

Think I will be staying with subSilver - even if its not included with the RC1 package - I will lift from the B5 and modify if required.

One of my users with severe eye sight problems reports the proSilver style will not display correctly with the view blown up with the FF/IE zoom feature too (for those who do not use it, in IE bottom right of window).

subSilver does not have that problem, although it forces screen scrolling as the resize for width does not work correctly, at least the display is correctly alligned.

cwbullet

Post by cwbullet »

I would have to agree. I feel as if the prosilver make it hard to separate posts and I do not like have to search the far right to find the user name and avatar. It feels unnatural

jojobarjo32

Post by jojobarjo32 »

ChrisRLG wrote: Think I will be staying with subSilver - even if its not included with the RC1 package - I will lift from the B5 and modify if required.

If the team has not changed their plans, subSilver will be released as an alternative style to proSilver within the gold version package.

ChrisRLG

Post by ChrisRLG »

I have reported the zoomed display problem to the bugtracker.

Yep - if they stay to thier word (no reason they will not) it should ship with subSilver too :)

Klors

Post by Klors »

I'm not a fan of the use of spans for block level elements, they're supposed to be inline... why not use divs, the way they were intended?

Synaptic Anarchy

Post by Synaptic Anarchy »

I've already commented extensively on my displeasure with the design, but most of the complaints I've seen are about the changes I actually approve of.

Right-aligned posting profiles
Take a look at this sample topic I grabbed at random. When Reading from top to bottom, left to right, what's the first thing you see?
Ukrainian (UK) translation

New postPosted Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:57 am by Black_SN

Knowing who posted a topic is not a problem. Knowing if that person is a staff is also not a problem. I think the biggest problem is that it's simply unfamiliar. Hearing comments like "it's important to know who wrote a post", though, bring up more pressing concerns - while the author of a post is a factor, it's not the most important aspect to take into account when processing their message. Nor is their avatar, or their location, or any of the other information in the posting profile. Casuing people to think about a post, even for the split second they lean on the author's identity to tell them its worth like some kind of literate crutch, is a good idea and the point of "placing the emphasis on content".

And isn't anyone glad they corrected the mistake of placing the edit button at the bottom of the post?