unread flags bug? (since phpbb.com down I'm reporting here)

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
asinshesq

Re: unread flags bug? (since phpbb.com down I'm reporting here)

Post by asinshesq »

Last night, I added this entry to the bug tracker item on teh flag problem:
acyd burn, I now have a particular topic where I see this error every time, at this url: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=26342&view=unread#unread

I am not going to read the unread posts in this topic since if I do I will lose the way to reproduce the error, but if you want, I can pm or email you my login details and the topic unread url and you can see for yourself that everytime I go to that url it takes me to the last read page rather than the first unread page. Let me know if you want my login details.

However, I note that the bug topic had been closed because they couldn't reproduce it. Is there anything else I need to do to bring this to the attention of the right people?
Alan
Acyd Burn

Post by Acyd Burn »

I am reading comments to closed reports. ;) By this, do you say that for a special topic, you click the yellow icon, brought to a page where every post is read, then go back to the index and you are able to click the yellow icon again, bringing you to the same page? If so, yes, then it would be nice if you could PM me your account infos. :D I then would login with your username, put my "i debug the code live at area51" gloves on and try to determine where the damn bug is...

asinshesq

Post by asinshesq »

Great, acyd burn. I just pm'd you my details. Good luck in your bug hunting.
Alan
asinshesq

Post by asinshesq »

Good news: acyd burn reports that he saw the bug and, hopefully, killed it. Please report here if you see that pesky insect again.
Alan
Nicholas the Italian

Post by Nicholas the Italian »

asinshesq wrote: Good news: acyd burn reports that he saw the bug and, hopefully, killed it. Please report here if you see that pesky insect again.

Actually there's a fly on my screen; should I splat it?
Martin Blank

Post by Martin Blank »

With a hammer.
You can never go home again... but I guess you can shop there.