unread flags bug? (since phpbb.com down I'm reporting here)

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
asinshesq
Registered User
Posts: 156
Joined: Fri May 14, 2004 10:32 pm
Location: NYC

Re: unread flags bug? (since phpbb.com down I'm reporting here)

Post by asinshesq »

Handyman wrote: so far it's happened every time.
BTW, this is post #10, so we'll see what happens.
the 10th post may need to be by someone else for the bug to show… but this will tell.

But it's only supposed to happen on the 11th post (the one starting the new page), right? That would be this one, so for anyone who had already read handyman's post before this one, see if the behavior happens for this one...
Alan

User avatar
Handyman
Registered User
Posts: 522
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2005 5:09 am
Location: Where no man has gone before!
Contact:

Re: unread flags bug? (since phpbb.com down I'm reporting here)

Post by Handyman »

so far that was fine… of course, I had the 10th post.
We'll see what happens when we get to the end of this page.
My phpBB3 Mods || My Mod Queue
Search Engine Friendly (SEO) URLs || Profile link on Avatar and/or Username || AJAX Chat
Display Posts Anywhere || CashMod || AJAX Quick Edit || AJAX Quick Reply

Image

User avatar
Nicholas the Italian
Registered User
Posts: 659
Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:19 pm
Location: 46°8' N, 12°13' E
Contact:

Re: unread flags bug? (since phpbb.com down I'm reporting here)

Post by Nicholas the Italian »

Handyman wrote: We'll see what happens when we get to the end of this page.

So, are you saying you need to fill this page with useless messages?

User avatar
Handyman
Registered User
Posts: 522
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2005 5:09 am
Location: Where no man has gone before!
Contact:

Re: unread flags bug? (since phpbb.com down I'm reporting here)

Post by Handyman »

Nicholas the Italian wrote:
Handyman wrote: We'll see what happens when we get to the end of this page.

So, are you saying you need to fill this page with useless messages?

that's basically it… but I can't post the 20th message otherwise it will not work.
My phpBB3 Mods || My Mod Queue
Search Engine Friendly (SEO) URLs || Profile link on Avatar and/or Username || AJAX Chat
Display Posts Anywhere || CashMod || AJAX Quick Edit || AJAX Quick Reply

Image

User avatar
ChrisRLG
Registered User
Posts: 160
Joined: Wed Oct 11, 2006 9:47 am
Contact:

Re: unread flags bug? (since phpbb.com down I'm reporting here)

Post by ChrisRLG »

what 20th message would that be - BTW I view from the last post in a topic backwards - so I will not see any problem.

User avatar
Nicholas the Italian
Registered User
Posts: 659
Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:19 pm
Location: 46°8' N, 12°13' E
Contact:

Re: unread flags bug? (since phpbb.com down I'm reporting here)

Post by Nicholas the Italian »

ChrisRLG wrote: what 20th message would that be

Sorry, can you elaborate?

User avatar
Handyman
Registered User
Posts: 522
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2005 5:09 am
Location: Where no man has gone before!
Contact:

Re: unread flags bug? (since phpbb.com down I'm reporting here)

Post by Handyman »

ChrisRLG wrote: what 20th message would that be - BTW I view from the last post in a topic backwards - so I will not see any problem.

how do you keep up with a topic backwards?
My phpBB3 Mods || My Mod Queue
Search Engine Friendly (SEO) URLs || Profile link on Avatar and/or Username || AJAX Chat
Display Posts Anywhere || CashMod || AJAX Quick Edit || AJAX Quick Reply

Image

asinshesq
Registered User
Posts: 156
Joined: Fri May 14, 2004 10:32 pm
Location: NYC

Re: unread flags bug? (since phpbb.com down I'm reporting here)

Post by asinshesq »

Handyman, I am confused about what you are saying about who posts the last post on a page. I had origianlly thought you were saying that if user "X" reads the last page of a topic and the page is totally full when X reads it (i.e. there are a multiple of 10 posts in the topic), and then someone posts one miore post (which spills the topic onto the next page), and then X clicks the yellow flag to get taken to the first unread post, X will instead get taken to the second to last page where he has already read all the topics. And this only happens when X has read all of the second to last page and ther is only one more post (one post on the final page).

But now I see that maybe you are saying something more...something about the identity of the person who posts last on the second to last page. Can you explain what you mean by that?
Alan

User avatar
Handyman
Registered User
Posts: 522
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2005 5:09 am
Location: Where no man has gone before!
Contact:

Re: unread flags bug? (since phpbb.com down I'm reporting here)

Post by Handyman »

asinshesq wrote: Handyman, I am confused about what you are saying about who posts the last post on a page. I had origianlly thought you were saying that if user "X" reads the last page of a topic and the page is totally full when X reads it (i.e. there are a multiple of 10 posts in the topic), and then someone posts one miore post (which spills the topic onto the next page), and then X clicks the yellow flag to get taken to the first unread post, X will instead get taken to the second to last page where he has already read all the topics. And this only happens when X has read all of the second to last page and ther is only one more post (one post on the final page).

But now I see that maybe you are saying something more...something about the identity of the person who posts last on the second to last page. Can you explain what you mean by that?

I'm hoping i can… after the 20th post comes in… this is post 19 so we need one more… and not by me.
My phpBB3 Mods || My Mod Queue
Search Engine Friendly (SEO) URLs || Profile link on Avatar and/or Username || AJAX Chat
Display Posts Anywhere || CashMod || AJAX Quick Edit || AJAX Quick Reply

Image

User avatar
Nicholas the Italian
Registered User
Posts: 659
Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:19 pm
Location: 46°8' N, 12°13' E
Contact:

Re: unread flags bug? (since phpbb.com down I'm reporting here)

Post by Nicholas the Italian »

Handyman wrote: I'm hoping i can… after the 20th post comes in… this is post 19 so we need one more… and not by me.

Uh... Sorry, where is the toilet?

Post Reply