Can developers release an open bug count every 2/3 days?

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
buzz

Can developers release an open bug count every 2/3 days?

Post by buzz »

Hi,
As phpbb.com has been down for a while, it would be nice if the developers could provide a very basic update every 2 or 3 days, e.g. "Date\Time x open bugs", this could either be provided on area51 or the phpbb.com holding page.

I was also wondering if they intend to release a beta 6 instead of RC1 once they reach 0 bugs if the site is still down, as they can not really release a RC1 when their is still pending bug reports which people have been unable to submit.

Kevin Clark
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Can developers release an open bug count every 2/3 days?

Post by Kevin Clark »

buzz wrote: I was also wondering if they intend to release a beta 6 instead of RC1 once they reach 0 bugs if the site is still down, as they can not really release a RC1 when their is still pending bug reports which people have been unable to submit.

That assumes the moment the main site is up, the next version is out. There's never been any suggestion of that.

buzz

Post by buzz »

You misunderstand me, thats not what I saying

If they reach 0 bugs before the site comes up would they then try to release a beta 6 (which could possibly be released prior to the site coming back up) or stop all development on phpbb3 and wait for more bugs to come in before continuing development on RC1.

Kevin Clark
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Kevin Clark »

But I doubt there's any reason to do that. If they reach zero, fair enough, but another few days waiting for the .com to come back on and see if any more important bugs have been found won't make much difference I wouldn't have thought. You wouldn't release B6, wait to see if any bugs show and then a couple of days later release RC1.

Besides, it looks highly likely that RC1 is next as I don't think there has been a massive number of bug fixes for B5 or anything really serious. I would think they'll want to be sure 'RC1' is right before they let people lose with it for real.

Any downtime also gives them a chance to catch up on things like documentation.