Olympus going live @ phpBB.com!?!?

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Highway of Life
Location: I'd love to change the World, but they won't give me the Source Code

Re: olypus server load

Post by Highway of Life »

asinshesq wrote: In addition to being down right now, I note that phpbb.com has been way way way slower than it used to be before upgrading to olympus. Am I right in assuming that is because of an enormous increase in traffic as people try out the cool new toy and is not an indicator that olympus will be slow on big boards?

It’s been down... or rather, timing out several times today... this is in my mind, not a fault of phpBB3 itself, but rather the Server hardware -- without knowing for sure, I believe only someone who has direct access to the Server will be able to tell us (SHS`) ;) --
Also, as bigger boards fair better on mysql_fulltext, I would find it VERY unlikely that phpBB would have chosen fulltext native.

elfprince13

Re: Olympus going live @ phpBB.com!?!?

Post by elfprince13 »

of course absolutely huge boards can be slow anyway.....