What should I do?

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
halofight977

What should I do?

Post by halofight977 »

I have phpBB V. 2.2, and its fine, I have a lot of mods installed, but I keep asking myself, should I switch over to Olympus? or wait until the final version comes out for release?

Hope to hear your opinion!

Kevin Clark
Support Team
Support Team

Re: What should I do?

Post by Kevin Clark »

Well as it's still in beta your only option is to stay with phpBB2.

When RC1 is released you can use it live if you want to or wait for gold.

Nicholas the Italian

Post by Nicholas the Italian »

halofight977 wrote: I have phpBB V. 2.2, and its fine,

Curious, devs must have been hiding something from us, I didn't know about the existence of v. 2.2 :lol:
Maybe 2.0.22?
I have a lot of mods installed, but I keep asking myself, should I switch over to Olympus? or wait until the final version comes out for release?

If you need to ask, the answer is: wait.
At least for RC, as Kevin says.

Aled

Post by Aled »

If you upgrade the the Beta of phpBB3 Beta you will lose all your Mods (They WONT work) and you will most likely be faced with a few bugs and twitches because it's not well, finished.
When the first proper version of phpBB3 comes out you should upgrade to that, some of the Mods and security will be there which wasn't there in 2.0.x. I don't know about the RC versions of phpBB but the final version will most likely be better.
Oh and, in RC+ versions of phpBB you will be to back up your forum to phpBB.

-Aled

halofight977

Post by halofight977 »

Nicholas the Italian wrote:
halofight977 wrote: I have phpBB V. 2.2, and its fine,

Curious, devs must have been hiding something from us, I didn't know about the existence of v. 2.2 :lol:
Maybe 2.0.22?
I have a lot of mods installed, but I keep asking myself, should I switch over to Olympus? or wait until the final version comes out for release?

If you need to ask, the answer is: wait.
At least for RC, as Kevin says.

Yeah sorry I get confused by the versions.... And yeah I think thats a good idea... "Wait".