So, I'm feeling an RC release soon...

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Mephistox

So, I'm feeling an RC release soon...

Post by Mephistox »

34 bugs left on the tracker... that's the lowest its been in a while.

Can RC1 be just around the corner?

:D

Martin Blank

Re: So, I'm feeling an RC release soon...

Post by Martin Blank »

I see 48 open bugs without a big burst of new items in the short time since your post. It needs to get a lot lower than that (even lower than 36) to get RC1 out. They may well do a big burst of tackling this weekend like they did last weekend and chop it down to the teens, which might be sufficient, but we've also seen these kinds of numbers last for a couple of weeks before. I'll be happy when I actually see RC1.
You can never go home again... but I guess you can shop there.

Handyman

Post by Handyman »

Now remember, they had it in the single digits for the Beta 5 release… so I don't expect a release until they have it in the single digits… especially for an RC.

Though I wouldn't be surprised if they released a Beta 6 since there were some major bugs in Beta 5.
Including the Blank page bug… which a ton of people are getting instead of error message, but it seems to be fixed in the latest CVS.
My phpBB3 Mods || My Mod Queue
Search Engine Friendly (SEO) URLs || Profile link on Avatar and/or Username || AJAX Chat
Display Posts Anywhere || CashMod || AJAX Quick Edit || AJAX Quick Reply

SHS`

Post by SHS` »

It'll be ready when it is.
Jonathan “SHS`” Stanley • 史德信
phpBB™ 3.1.x, Bug/Security trackers
phpBB™ Bertie Bear 3.0 — prosilver Edition!Asking Questions The Smart Way