Next phpbb version???

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Mini Franki

Next phpbb version???

Post by Mini Franki »

What is the next phpbb version????

Beta6 or RC ????

Just a litle question ^^

thx
Prince of area51

Re: Next phpbb version???

Post by Prince of area51 »

Answer can be found here:
viewtopic.php?p=173558#p173558

If still thats hard .. my signature says it all ;)
Highway of Life
Location: I'd love to change the World, but they won't give me the Source Code

Post by Highway of Life »

Taking the time to look around the forum and reading posts will generate a more thorough answer for you. ;)
Mini Franki

Post by Mini Franki »

Ok

the style and french version leave in the RC version???
Freelance

Post by Freelance »

the new style would be for gold release.
The french language pack could be found with RC1, but not here on area51
Google should help yout there
Sh*t Can Happen !!!
[Building a large project based on phpBB3 - Progress 15%]
[IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII]
Mini Franki

Post by Mini Franki »

For style.... I dont talk about new subsilver style. I talk about style do by people

And the RC version leave without french translation.... Why??????? The RC version its one of officiel version. I dont understand why he cant leave with french translation

And when the RC version leave.... I can use for my website???
Lastof

Post by Lastof »

Mini Franki wrote: For style.... I don't talk about new subsilver style. I talk about style do by people

If you are talking about user submitted styles, then that depends. I wouldn't be surprised if people release some styles after RC1 is out, however, this would be up to them, so, there is no guarantee.

There is also the matter of whether or not phpBB.com will be accepting submissions to the database. I don't think the question as to when mods and styles will be accepted has been answered yet. If they are, then I presume that anything downloaded via phpBB.com will be supported to the same level as it is currently for phpBB2.

It is also worth noting that a super secret new style will replace subsilver when the gold release is made (subsilver will be made available as an added option). Many style authors may wait till it is released to allow them to base their new styles off it.
And the RC version leave without French translation.... Why??????? The RC version its one of official version. I don't understand why he cant leave with French translation

Again, this depends on a couple of factors. Firstly, whether or not someone has submitted a French language pack. I believe that the authors of the packs for phpBB2 have first refusal, before packs from anyone else will be accepted.

Secondly is whether phpBB.com is accepting new styles. It has previously been mentioned that there will be a new system to do with translations that will be rolled in when the new design is rolled in at phpBB.com, which I would guess may not be till the Gold release. It is conceivable that language pack submissions may not be accepted until them.
And when the RC version leave.... I can use for my website???

The RC version will be fully supported. ie, the same amount of support that is offered for phpBB2 will be offered for phpBB3. (Technical issues, problems with styles/mods that are available via the phpBB.com site).
Last edited by Lastof on 04 May 2008, 00:00, edited -1 times in total
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Look, I'm officially not a bug!!
SHS`: "Oooh Bertie, spank me with that casing stick, spank me spank me spaaaaannnnk mee!"
Mini Franki

Post by Mini Franki »

In how much time the Rc or beta6 version leave???? Approximate???
Highway of Life
Location: I'd love to change the World, but they won't give me the Source Code

Post by Highway of Life »

Look around... that question has been answered a thousand times...

"It will be released when it's done"
Mini Franki

Post by Mini Franki »

I know i dont talk about official leave.... I thought someone can know when the next version leave