Deleting Topics is Hard..

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Ectoman

Deleting Topics is Hard..

Post by Ectoman »

There is no easy way to do it.

When viewing a topic.. there is no quick delete, or quick move, or quick lock. The only way I know to actually delete a topic is to go to the forum, and hit moderator control panel, then find the topic and click delete.

It is the same for moving a topic.

Locking a post can be done the same way, otherwise you have to edit the first post and click Lock Topic.

If you click Moderator Control Panel on the topic page, you get other (and somewhat confusing looking) options. But no, move, delete or lock options.

Should those Delete, Lock, and Move quick commands be located on the topic view? Am I missing it?

SHS`

Re: Deleting Topics is Hard..

Post by SHS` »

Errrm... okay.
lol.png
LOLWTFBBQ?!?!?!
(166.84 KiB) Downloaded 575 times
Jonathan “SHS`” Stanley • 史德信
phpBB™ 3.1.x, Bug/Security trackers
phpBB™ Bertie Bear 3.0 — prosilver Edition!Asking Questions The Smart Way

Highway of Life
Location: I'd love to change the World, but they won't give me the Source Code

Post by Highway of Life »

:lol: @ SHS`

Reminds me of that commercial... "So easy, even a cave-man can do it" :D

FYI, Ecto, You can lock a topic at anytime when you reply to the topic. (besides the quick-mod tools)
You can, of course (and I'm sure you know) perform all Moderator actions by clicking the MCP link while viewing a topic OR while viewing a forum... -- where you can perform Mod actions on multiple topics at the same time --

Ectoman

Post by Ectoman »

SHS,

Its funny that you post that now, that I see that on some of my forums. Only on forums that were created after doing a phpBBv2 conversion.

Forums that were not modified since the convert didn't have the quick-mod tools at all. (all I saw was the default Moderator Control Panel near the top).

Sounds like a bug.

Either way.. I've fixed it.