How do you search in the bugtracker...

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
greggish

How do you search in the bugtracker...

Post by greggish »

...to see if a bug has already been submitted? I'm not seeing a search function anywhere. I must not be looking in the right place. :?:
WAL*BORG - Resistance is futile. You WILL shop here.

juuldr

Re: How do you search in the bugtracker...

Post by juuldr »

greggish wrote: ...to see if a bug has already been submitted? I'm not seeing a search function anywhere. I must not be looking in the right place. :?:

There isnt a search form in the bug tracker, but you can use "Ctrl + F" to search in the active page, maybe that can help you a little bit ;)

greggish

Post by greggish »

That's a little wacky not to have a search function in the bug tracker. They really need to fix that. 8O
WAL*BORG - Resistance is futile. You WILL shop here.

Tienchen

Post by Tienchen »

http://www.google.com/search?&as_sitese ... com%2Fbugs
;) Of course it's not the best, and not really actual... Yes, should be implemented.
I don't like these cold, precise, perfect people, who, in order not to speak wrong, never speak at all, and in order not to do wrong, never do anything. (Henry Ward Beecher)
Die Stifthelden

poyntesm

Post by poyntesm »

Yes bit of a pain..but the tool is for them not us. They are the ones who have to deal with duplicates.

I guess if the effort to close duplicates far and away out weighted the effort to create a search mode for us then we would see it being created. I am sure its on their wish list and since we know the phpBB.com site is getting redone for v3 how knows maybe we will see it soon.

Either way you see all the devs always encourage bug reporting so the duplicates created from lack of search..which if created people would still not use (but thats another story) must be low enough not to be too bad.

buzz

Post by buzz »

Though I was missing something really obvious and was afraid to ask for looking stupid, but I guess their no search feature then :)

This must generate a large number of duplicates, as as people will be submitting bugs that are already open on another page, or ones that have been fixed (or marked as will not fix) since the last beta release.

As their is no search, how about adding a section to the report a bug page that says these are the top 10 bugs which are reported which are already fixed or wont fix (so don't submit them again)

Acyd Burn

Post by Acyd Burn »

Just submit the bugs - we are capable to close duplicates. ;)

yautja_cetanu

Post by yautja_cetanu »

I've seen a couple of bugs that have looked a bit like duplicates but in the end have turned out to be real bugs. So it probably makes sense, if everyone just submits bugs the devs can get an overview of exactly how things are going.

If you have a search feature people might feel they are expected to use it and be scared of posting similar bugs.

Nicholas the Italian

Post by Nicholas the Italian »

yautja_cetanu wrote: If you have a search feature people might feel they are expected to use it and be scared of posting similar bugs.

If you had a search feature... well, people wouldn't use it anyway, so why bothering...